Banking Problem In Buriram

ronthompson

I opened a saving account at the Bangkok Bank Branch in the new big C on 7 Feb and requested INTERNET. I called tonight requesting a PIN number and was informed Bangkok Bank does not allow accounts with out a work permit, I explained I had a Retirement Visa and again was informed I needed a work permit. Is this a local problem? I have an account with Kasikorn in Bangkok. :o

Edited by ronthompson

I opened a saving account at the Bangkok Bank Branch in the new big C on 7 Feb and requested INTERNET. I called tonight requesting a PIN number and was informed Bangkok Bank does not allow accounts with out a work permit, I explained I had a Retirement Visa and again was informed I needed a work permit. Is this a local problem? I have an account with Kasikorn in Bangkok. :o

I think the regulation below is useful.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Pe...nk+Accounts.htm

I think the regulation below is useful.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Pe...nk+Accounts.htm

The Bangkok Bank regulations speak for themselves. "If you are living in Thailand, you need to bring a residence permit or a Certificate of Residence." Maybe Ron opened the account only with a passport and did not produce a Certificate of Residence- (available at immigration offices I believe).

With up-country bank staff frequently having insufficient knowledge and experience of their products, I suggest Ron e-mail Head office enclosing a copy of the banks own conditions for account opening.

I am retired and I have a savings account with the Bangkok Bank in Surin. Last year I researched the internet and found the same qualifying conditions as mentioned above. I even printed out the forms and took them with me to the bank. "Sorry, expats cannot have Internet Banking" was the reply. In contrast, I have had Internet Banking with the Kasikorn Bank for the past two years. This was requested and approved by the bank in Surin. Different banks, different policies. TIT!

I used to bank with Bkk Bank in Sisaket - I hated going in the place. It appears to be the staff's mission to find a reason to stop you doing what you want with your money, and I only used them for the simplest of tasks, like depositing and withdrawing cash. They are the least customer friendly organisation that I have ever met, forever telling what you cannot do and never helping you with anything. They should have a new motto: "The Bank that likes to say NO!"

I just changed to SCB and, so far, they appear so much better. Things which were "not allowed" with Bkk Bank just go through with them.

Same experiences for me with Bangkok Bank

No way to get internet banking without the work permit

I have changed to Siam Commercial Bank and even have an account with Krung Thai, both give me internet banking access.

Krung Thai even sends me the credit advice for all incoming funds from abroad detailing the amounts, rates, charges and this by e-mail, very good service and ATM's and branches everywhere.

Edited by Krub

I have a bank account with Bangkok Bank in Korat, the last time I as in there I asked about being able to access my account by internet, The customer services guy ask me what type of account I held ( normal savings ) what type of visa I held ( Non ‘’O’’ ) do I have my bank account pass book with me ( yes ) do I have my passport with me ( yes ) he said sit down, showed me a form for internet banking access, explained what things meant, I signed it , he told me I would receive a letter in the post to my house, with a copy of the approved internet application, and then one week later I would receive my internet banking access code, Which I did along with some free internet access time and ive been using it ever since.

Thanks for the input.

I was on the phone for over an hour this AM, I just kept being put on hold but I decided to wait them out. I was told by the last person the Buriram Branch did not copy my pass port correctly. So I need to go in and resubmit all the paper work.

I believe they just do not want my business, I have had an account with Kasikorn for over three years and very happy with them. I just wanted to open a 2nd account to more easily track my farm income or lack off). Is seems Kasikorn only allows 1 INTERNET account per person, which I can easily accept.

Will go to town tomorrow and start an SCB account.

Thanks for the input.

I was on the phone for over an hour this AM, I just kept being put on hold but I decided to wait them out. I was told by the last person the Buriram Branch did not copy my pass port correctly. So I need to go in and resubmit all the paper work.

I believe they just do not want my business, I have had an account with Kasikorn for over three years and very happy with them. I just wanted to open a 2nd account to more easily track my farm income or lack off). Is seems Kasikorn only allows 1 INTERNET account per person, which I can easily accept.

Yes, that may be so ... But you can have NUMEROUS Kasikorn accounts contained within the one internet banking umbrella !

Just apply for Cyberbanking based on Kasikorn Acc No1. When Cyberbanking is working then you can

apply for Kasikorn Acc No2 and then go online and add No2 account to Cyberbanking etc. etc.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Thanks for the input.

Yes, that may be so ... But you can have NUMEROUS Kasikorn accounts contained within the one internet banking umbrella !

Just apply for Cyberbanking based on Kasikorn Acc No1. When Cyberbanking is working then you can

apply for Kasikorn Acc No2 and then go online and add No2 account to Cyberbanking etc. etc.

Naka.

Agreed. I have three Kasikorn accounts and they are all visible and usable on the one Cyberbanking (internet) account.