Quick Farang Food Recommendation In Chiang Mai

Chuckler

Hey Chiangers :o

I'm here for a few days from BKK celebrating my birthday with a trip away, and tonight my wife's mother and her younger sister will join us for dinner.

I saw the ... enormous ... Chiang Mai food thread, and read the first few, and last few pages, but I'm not really any the wiser on where we should go for dinner tonight.

My wife is Thai, and her mother and sister are more Chinese than Thai, but my wife thinks that taking them to "farang food" will be fun.

Recommendations? Preferably near the nightbazaar area. Thanks

Me thinks you cant go wrong with Omalleys if you want a bit of Farang food. Just by Anasan market. 3 quaters of the way up the night market( as the traffic flows) on you left. Good farang fair with a small thai menu as well. Also the best ish pool table around.

Try Number 2 on the menu as a starter, chicken wings(actually drumsticks) in oh so special sauce. Aroi mak mar!!!

Me thinks you cant go wrong with Omalleys if you want a bit of Farang food. Just by Anasan market. 3 quaters of the way up the night market( as the traffic flows) on you left. Good farang fair with a small thai menu as well. Also the best ish pool table around.

Try Number 2 on the menu as a starter, chicken wings(actually drumsticks) in oh so special sauce. Aroi mak mar!!!

With the spelling and directions above I doubt if even Christopher Columbus could find O'Malleys.

If you wish to find O'Malleys perhaps you could go with the traffic along Changklan Road past the Night Bazaar, cross over the intersection with Loi Khro Road and continue for approx. 150 metres, on the left look for and turn into the lane that leads into Anusarn Market. After entering the lane take the immediate right access after approx 30-40 metres. O'Malley's will be slightly left of straight ahead in this cul-de-sac.

If you want a real English type meal from the Elizabethan times (A taste of old England) then try the Elizabethan Room......Great menu and delicious food ....Something for everybody, Thai or Farang...... Roast Pork, Beef Ale, Sheppards Pie, Mince pies, etc...etc.. all from Original 16th Century recipes with all the typical trimmings and superb desserts. On Charoenrat Road, after Nakornping Bridge a little way down and across from the Rimping Condo. A delight a worth every penny ! Owners are themselves British and delightfull people PLUS EVERYTHING but EVERYTHING is Home Made from scratch by them......Even Thai people love it !!! :o

The Duke's is right next to McDonald's - so easy to find - and gets rave reviews from many of us. The BBQ ribs and pizza can't be beat. :o

This is one of the best tips I've ever had. The Duke's is easily one of the best farang restaurants I've eaten at in Thailand as a whole.

Fantastic, thanks!

With the spelling and directions above I doubt if even Christopher Columbus could find O'Malleys.

If you wish to find O'Malleys perhaps you could go with the traffic along Changklan Road past the Night Bazaar, cross over the intersection with Loi Khro Road and continue for approx. 150 metres, on the left look for and turn into the lane that leads into Anusarn Market. After entering the lane take the immediate right access after approx 30-40 metres. O'Malley's will be slightly left of straight ahead in this cul-de-sac.

It must be so hard being such a know it all? When I get old I want to be you!

It must be so hard being such a know it all? When I get old I want to be you!

Well if you go to bed early, listen to your teacher and pray a lot maybe you can.