Penang woman

markt

Does anybody know anything about the girls that are in certain Penang bars?

I ask because when i was in the Soho free house on Penang road, both nights there were several sexy girls just sitting in a corner. They didn't appear to be drinking very much, just hanging around.

There were also a couple of girls sitting in the beer garden at the Leith st. pub.   Once again not drinking.

Are these girls on the game and if they are can you take them back to your hotel?

I'd like to know the situation down there. At least in Bkk/Ptty. there is no ambiquity.

Does anybody know anything about this?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only visit Penang with the wife so would not know.  But from the number of ladies leaving the Hotel Continental in the mornings it would seem there must be a source someplace.  But suspect they try to keep it behind closed doors.

A word of " caution " on Penang woman. I will answer your inquires in two parts. First, be aware that Malaysia is a Muslim country and therefore the scenario here is very, I repeat the word " very " different from Thailand. This sort of " business " is being conducted in a very discreet manner. If you want girls, contact the bell boy, tour guide, middle man, or very likely they will approach you, especially when you are alone. The young girls you see hanging around may be college students, office workers, ordinary girls, or some looking for partners, or even free-lance.

Part 2. A word of " caution " here.

Whatever you do, make " Cock sure " that the girl is not a Malay girl (they are all muslims). Assuming that A is a non-muslim, and G is a muslim. If both are found in a room (even with their pants on) or found in close proximity in a lonely place.... Then G can be arrested, charged under Muslim law, then pay a fine, or sent to jail, or both. Nothing will happen to A, but, however A may have to attend as a witness. What happens if both are non-muslims. This is the answer. They can go and fly a kite or fly to the moon and both will come out unscathed. Keep smiling and have a nice day.

Regards,

charlie

:o

Hi chonabot,

The poor muslim girl will face the full punishment alone, and the western party may be summoned by law to appear in court for the prosecution as material witness on her case. This is a scenario here, which even the local people would try to avoid. Any more clarification? I think my explanation is quite clear.

Regards,

charlie :o

Hiya Charlie,

Could you answer a couple of questions regarding Penang for me?

Are there any farang ex pats living down there?

Do the Malaysian goverment want farangs living there?

As i'm a Brit i don't need a visa, so i can stay in Malaysia for two months. Do i have to pay for extensions?

Also can i just nip over the border each time to recieve another two months, or is there a rule similar to what the Thais are introducing?

Thanks,  

mark

Hi markt,

Glad to know that you are interested about Malaysia.

Your first inquiry, yes there are many farangs living in Penang,

Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands (very Cooling) and other parts of the country. The most important reason they chose Malaysia, is because English is widely spoken. As a matter of fact English is our second language. Most of the legal contracts are written in English. If there are two versons, the English version shall prevail. Our TV is in English, Malay, and Chinese. Most of the programs and show are in English. After all, prior to August, 1957, we were under British rule. Malaysia is a member of the Commonwealth. High court cases could be conducted in English, with special permission, as the case may be. Most English educated Chinese speak English plus Chinese at the same time. It may sound funny to you,.... I, being Chinese speak English to my wife, also a Chinese. That makes the farangs here feel very at home.

To the rest of your inquires, I will reply later at night or maybe the next day, because I have to go out on urgent matters. Until then, bye, and all the best.

Regards,

Dear "Charlie".....I am surprised because I thought Penang's state laws were secular.

I am curious about something......how can the government decide who belongs to which religion ? For instance,

1: If the father is Moslem and the mother is Catholic (or vice versa), what is the religion of the child ? Does he/she have the chance to choose ?

2: Does everyone have to have a religion ? What about a person who is atheist or agnostic ?

I feel that deciding on legal rulings according to one's religion is not good. I myself come from a country (Turkey)where the dominant religion (about 90 percent) is Islam but fortunately, our laws are 100 percent secular. There are some Islamists who want to see Islamic laws applied in various degrees but fortunately, they constitute about only 10-15 percent of the population.

Regards,

Jem

Hi Jem Jem,

To answer your question,

1) Then the child will have to be a Muslim. If you married a Malaysian muslim, then you will have to be converted to Muslim, your kids will be muslim too.. Unless otherwise if you don't decide to settle down in Malaysia.

2) Nope. Not eveyone needs to have a religion, but if both your parents are muslims, then you are a muslim.

Wei

Hi TizMe,

Thank you very much for helping me to answer their inquiries about Malaysia. Your very interesting website on " My Second Home " program is most appreciated. Thank you once again.

They can now get all the necessary information on that website.

Now I will reply Jem from Turkey.

In our Malaysian Constitution, there is " Freedom Of Religion " for all races in the country. Therefore, for a non-muslim, you are free to choose any religion, or you can choose to a free thinker. But, for a Malay, who is a muslim, he is not so free to change his religion. It is a very sensitive issue here. Period.

For the other races, you are free to choose or to be a free thinker if you want to. Or later, change to another if you want to. I hope I have make myself clear on this matter.

Regards,

charlie

:o

Hi " markt ",

My second reply to your inquiries on Malaysia's Immigration.

You can get all the answers and information on this Immigration website " www.imi.gov.my " They will give you all the information you need.

By the way, I will give you Penang's Immigration Tel No:

04-3973011; 04-3974011; 04-3976011; 04-3984077 and

Fax: 04-7331752.

All the best,

Regards,

Thanks Wei and Charlie for your answers.

As you indicated, so the situation there is if you are born of parents who are Muslims, then you are automatically considered Muslim by the government.

I feel that this is wrong.....I feel that one is not BORN with a religion.....he/she should use his/her free judgment to believe in ANY religion or choose NOT to believe in any religion.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone....I have started writing about the issue because in this thread, it was written that for Muslims in Penang, it would be a problem if they are caught in a hotel room with a Non-Moslem. I mean, gees, should a government dictate one's sex life ?!

Regards.

Jem

JemJem,

Malaysia is a prodominently moslem country. Most Muslems believe that ALL people are born muslem..

Malaysia is probably one of the most tolerent muslem countries.

Freedom of religion is not practised by most other muslem countries.

I feel that this is wrong.....I feel that one is not BORN with a religion.....he/she should use his/her free judgment to believe in ANY religion or choose NOT to believe in any religion.

Jem,

At what age would you expect someone to have

sufficient knowledge and experience in life to be

able to make a decision about Religion ?

That would mean the Parents would not

carry out their Responsibilities of introducing

their Children to their (the Parents') own Religion

and to leave the Child Faithless until the Child was

old enough to choose for themselves?

It just doesn't sound practical to me.

Roger

What TizMe said is very true. Malaysia is probably one of the most tolerent muslim countries. Besides with so many religions in the country, everyone still lives happily ever after, no fights / war ... this is also due to the strict control the goverment has on 'free speaking' etc. And mind you, there are alot of mix marriages too....

Anyway, I am sure everyone that visit malaysia will have a great time in Malaysia, just be careful with the girls, make sure you are not caught with a muslim girl in a hotel room or even a quiet park! :o

Hi Wei,  Hi TizMe,

A special thanks to both you for helping me to answer their inquiries. Just for my curiosity..... Are you also Malaysian born? If not, have you been here before? For my case, yes, I am a Malaysian born Chinese. My home (Malaysia) to Hatyai (Thailand's third city) is only about a four hours drive. Hatyai is my second home, so to speak. Nevertheless, if you wish to remain anonymous, I will understand. Keep smiling and have a nice day.

Regards,

Hey Charlie

Just got back from my Penang/Georgetown visa run...the place compares extremely favorably with others that I have been in SE Asia. What has prevented ethnic Chinese business interests from levelling the place, removing its' character and turning it into another Singapore?

I splashed out and stayed at the City Bayview Hotel and not at the 'Y' as you recommended. Readers should be aware that online booking services are a rip off. If you got telephone details from a travel guide like Lonely Planet, etc. then book direct...save about 30% in the process.

Although I was there on visa business with my wife I turned a seasoned eye to the action on Jalan Penang and environs. This is a place where you got to go easy to get laid. Down the street from the Leith St pub I saw some 'bancis' (Indonesian word for transvestite) standing in the shadows and the pickings looked very slim otherwise. The nice looking girls in the pubs were definitely not on the game...just out for a good time with their friends...unless of course they were waiting for a phone call to set up a connection. No direct action in the pubs that I could see. Best to take the previous advice and talk to a cab driver, bell boy, etc.

I am a bit confused regarding persecution of Muslim girls in Malaysia when caught en flagrante with a non Muslim. If Malaysia is the most tolerant of Muslim countries why is it that in Indonesia which is not tolerant (church bombings, night club bombings and general fanaticism) you can pleasure yourself with as many women as you like and not fear persecution of the women? Mysterious ways...mysterious ways...

All the best

To  'Roger" :

Well.....for me, the child being left 'faithless'  by the parents until old enough to choose a religion for himself/herself  (or be agnostic or atheist) is perfectly okay.

Of course, it is understandable that many parents would like their children to ascribe to a religion (in almost all cases, their own religion) but actually the point I was trying to make is "Let the child decide in the end for himself/herself". Also, the whole point I had entered this discussion is that I felt that it is wrong for a government to act as a ' strict moral supervisor' when it comes to religion and worsely, to place different sets of laws for different religious affiliations.

To All,

In Malaysia, when the cops catch someone doing something illegal and then they say 'Hey...this person is Muslim so he/she should be arrested" (for an offense punishable by arrest for only Muslims there)", that person seems not to stand a chance to escape arrest even if he/she is genuinely a non-believer because the cops (and other authorities will ASSUME he/she is a Muslim due to his/her background). This is against human rights.

I am not trying to sound anti-Malaysian...I know that in many other countries, there are worse human rights violations. I am just stating that this practice is wrong. In other message boards, I also often criticise (sometimes fiercely) some practices occurring in my own country.

Regards,

Jem