Smart Lipo / Laser Lipolysis In Bangkok

Lia123

hi doc,

please advise me cheap price for 1 whole body of smartlipo/lypolysis and also skin whitening treatment in faster effect.

height : 157cm

weght: 62 kg :)

This is a forum for discussion of health issues among persons living in Thailand, not a clinic or hospital

For a price quote for a specific procesure you should contact a clinic or hospital which perfroms it

Note that there is no such things as "whole body" lipo! Lipo is for spot reduction in people who, despuite weight control and exercise, have an excvess fat accumulation in a specific location of the body.

I recently looked into SmartLipo for a friend of mine and found the following location offering it:

Romrawin Clinic (see post by Coming Home)

Bangkok Hospital Rayong (and only in the Rayong branch -- not in BH in Bkk or elsewhere)

Sikarn Hospital - a small private hospital not far from the airport

Siam Swan Clinic

Apex

In terms of cost, it is based on the number of locations to be done and note that the abdomen is considered as 2 separate areas, upper and lower. The lady I was helping has a really huge belly and would definitely have needed both upper & lower abdomen; she was quoted 100,000 baht (50,000 * 2 locations) at Sikarn and 150,000 by Romrawin; never got an answer from Bkk Rayong.

It costs considerably more than conventional lipo, should keep that in mind.

Given the cost, my friend has decided to go on a diet in hopes of gettiong her belly down to where only lower abdomen will need to be done, so can't give any feedback on outcome. In the course of researching places, we did meet with Dr. Prasert at Sikarn and I was favoprably impressed by him, and had extensive back and forth emails with Dr. Niwet at Siamswan clinic; the latter ultimately declined to do the procedure advising that the patient in question should be done in a hospital based on her medical history, which I think reflected well on him; also his credentials looked good. However he is not the only doc at that clinic and there are some unfavorable reports re the others to be found on soem websites, so if going there I would suggest specifically requesting Dr. Niwet.

I recently looked into SmartLipo for a friend of mine and found the following location offering it:

Romrawin Clinic (see post by Coming Home)

Bangkok Hospital Rayong (and only in the Rayong branch -- not in BH in Bkk or elsewhere)

Sikarn Hospital - a small private hospital not far from the airport

Siam Swan Clinic

Apex

In terms of cost, it is based on the number of locations to be done and note that the abdomen is considered as 2 separate areas, upper and lower. The lady I was helping has a really huge belly and would definitely have needed both upper & lower abdomen; she was quoted 100,000 baht (50,000 * 2 locations) at Sikarn and 150,000 by Romrawin; never got an answer from Bkk Rayong.

It costs considerably more than conventional lipo, should keep that in mind.

Given the cost, my friend has decided to go on a diet in hopes of gettiong her belly down to where only lower abdomen will need to be done, so can't give any feedback on outcome. In the course of researching places, we did meet with Dr. Prasert at Sikarn and I was favoprably impressed by him, and had extensive back and forth emails with Dr. Niwet at Siamswan clinic; the latter ultimately declined to do the procedure advising that the patient in question should be done in a hospital based on her medical history, which I think reflected well on him; also his credentials looked good. However he is not the only doc at that clinic and there are some unfavorable reports re the others to be found on soem websites, so if going there I would suggest specifically requesting Dr. Niwet.

Hi Sheryl,

are you going to get in touch with Apex Clinic as well regarding the smart lipo? If yes, it would be interested to get to know what Dr. Nantapath's fees are.

Best,

shakun

I don't know the extent of the procedure that you will undergo, i.e. small local touch up, if you have any underlying conditions such as heart disease, diabetes etc, or if there will be general anaesthesia. If you are planning on a large liposuction, play it safe and do it in a hospital. When complications arise they are serious and clinics do not have the facilities to respond. While the likelihood for such a scenario to is small, it just isn't worth the risk.

Here's an example,

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/prin...bhub=PrintStory

The above is an extreme case, and involved multiple procedures. However, some people have undiagnosed underlying conditions that manifest as a stroke or heart attack once they are put under. Not to put you off the procedure, because it is relatively safe.

This week they burrie a famous barber who had liposuction. During the procedure he was infected by an meat eating bacteria, there is no cure against it yet; he was four months in an University hospital where they operate him several times and the only thing left to do was put him in an artificial coma till he died.

This is no story out of some National Enquirer magazine but was reported in all main stream newspapers in Belgium, even on National TV.

So think twice before you do such unneccesary operations and certanly by non medical qualified people.

• 9 months later...
I paid a lot of money to Dr. Nantapat Supapannachart to undergo laser treatment and after I had paid the money to her, she refused to give me treatment and refused to give me a refund. This was at her Apex Profound Beauty clinic.

I am in the same situation. I pre-paid a significant amount of money for a package of 8 times (laser treatment).

By the time 30 days on my credit card had passed, the appointments for the treatment became a real joke: appointments cancelled or rescheduled, no machine available for my session, nobody calling to let me know...etc

I have had only 3 appointments in 6 months and it seems that I always end up with a poorly skilled, poorly trained girl who does not even know how to use the laser machine...

I am now requesting my money money back, but no manager is ever available to speak to me (how convenient)...

I need to get out of this fraudulent package and get my $$ back...

Did you get your money back?

Can the tourist police help?

Is there anybody else in a similar situation at Apex profound beauty?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I had laser lipo surgery at Siam Swan Clinic about a year and a half ago. The price was 60,000 baht. I am a slim, but fit male, who had a bit of belly fat. I exercise regularly, but couldn’t seem to get rid of a stubborn small “pocket” below my belly button.

I had researched various forms of liposuction and felt that laser lipo was the best option for me. I only saw a couple of clinics doing this in Bangkok, one of them being Siam Swan. In this form of laser lipo, the fat is removed at the same time the fat is “melted”, so there was no need for the fat to drain or be “absorbed” by the body.

I had a consultation with Dr. Niwet, who I believe is the only doctor at the clinic (I could be wrong here). He is a nice man and speaks decent English. I did not experience any scams, which apparently other people have experienced at other clinics. His staff was friendly and helpful.

The procedure went as planned, and was performed at the clinic in Siam Square with no complications, which I am thankful for. Yes, there was some amount of lower abdomen pain for some time afterwards (like a burning sensation, or overworked muscles), but I was up and around after a day.

Now, for the results… to be honest, I am not pleased with the results. Dr. Niwet did remove most of the stubborn pocket, but he also seems to have semi-gauged my abdomen and left me with an uneven result (evident about 3 months after the surgery, when the swelling had gone down). I actually went back to Dr. Niwet for a post-consultation and expressed, in a polite way, that I felt it was uneven. I even offered to pay more to have a kind of “touch up” and fix some uneven areas.

However, and this was the biggest disappointment, I felt like he no longer wanted to have anything to do with me. I.e. I had paid the money, had the surgery, and should accept the results. I believe he felt it was an improvement, and that he could not do anything more. It is actually common to have touch up surgery in North America following a laser lipo procedure, but not at Siam Swan I guess.

My end impression is that Dr. Niwet took a weekend course on laser lipo (he has a certificate in the waiting room), and that he isn’t very competent at this procedure (yes, I could be wrong). He may be very good at other procedures, and perhaps he is better now after a year and a half of practicing, but he seemed unable to achieve the result I was looking for, and worse, was not really willing to help afterwards.

In the end, I will be heading back to North America at some point to have another procedure (laser lipo again), to try and touch up, and even up, my abdomen. My recommendation would be to pay more money the first time and get it done right. Surgery seems to be hit and miss here in Bangkok.

On this note, my wife has had a good rhinoplasty procedure btw, but her breast augmentation surgery doctor left her with some pretty visible scars under her armpits which can be seen when her arms are at her sides (done at Yanhee, can’t remember the doctor’s name). Btw, I also have two scars to the inside of my pelvic bones, which after a year and a half are still quite visible.

Finally, a negative side-effect of having fat cells removed from my abdomen has been to grow love handles (small, but now evident), where I never had them before. I guess the body has found a new place to store the fat. I do eat very healthily (yes, healthily is a word), and exercise often, but nature will find a way sometimes, I guess.

I’ve written this on the forum for others to learn from. I found the forum helpful when I was deciding where to go for my surgery. I had also done extensive research on forms of liposuction on the internet in various places.

Hope this helps.