Q Cars Bkk

gisjames

Just rented a Ford Ranger from Qcars, have to say great service at an amazing price, 25,000baht for 1 month had planned on using them again in October for a 3 month rental but looks like I'll have to find somewhere else, shame.

I rented from them once.....and that was all it took. The person I spoke to on the phone was extremely rude and unprofessional. The vehicle I received was not what I reserved and the driver who dropped off the car was an ass when I reminded him that there should be a FULL tank of gas when dropping off a car to a customer.

Yes, their prices were normally below the big, international companies but I'll gladly pay a little extra for piece of mind. I'm glad they are shutting down.

Ski....

Just rented a Ford Ranger from Qcars, have to say great service at an amazing price, 25,000baht for 1 month had planned on using them again in October for a 3 month rental but looks like I'll have to find somewhere else, shame.

I rented from them once.....and that was all it took. The person I spoke to on the phone was extremely rude and unprofessional. The vehicle I received was not what I reserved and the driver who dropped off the car was an ass when I reminded him that there should be a FULL tank of gas when dropping off a car to a customer.

Yes, their prices were normally below the big, international companies but I'll gladly pay a little extra for piece of mind. I'm glad they are shutting down.

Ski....

I can only second that..... Tried to rent a car in Pattaya from them last year, but those 2 ladies/women in the office were more interested in their SOMTAM and typing sms rather than to address a potential customer..... I had called them in advance and asked if a specific type of car (suzuki Carribbean) is available RIGHT NOW, and they said, YES IT IS, then I went there, arrived 30 minutes later and eventually was told "oh sorry, now car is at repair garage"..... then they turned to their SOMTAM and SMS again, and I was non-existent for them. probably the most Pathetic car-rental company I ever came across in my life.....

about "paying a little extra for international company" : no need to pay more..... just had a car from AVIS, picked it up in UDON THANI, week-day rate for a lovely Toyota Vios Manual: 690 Baht INCLUDING VAT and insurance (deductible 5000 Baht, could have had PREMIUM for a little more but didnt want it).

Had to book and pay in advance though, which I did at their BKK office, and no changes could be made. asked if they would give me the car for a full week at that rate (means, not only during week-days) to which they agreed. therefore, paid less than 5.000 baht for a full week rental from a very reputable car-rental-chain....

• 9 months later...

Ski....

I can only second that..... Tried to rent a car in Pattaya from them last year, but those 2 ladies/women in the office were more interested in their SOMTAM and typing sms rather than to address a potential customer..... I had called them in advance and asked if a specific type of car (suzuki Carribbean) is available RIGHT NOW, and they said, YES IT IS, then I went there, arrived 30 minutes later and eventually was told "oh sorry, now car is at repair garage"..... then they turned to their SOMTAM and SMS again, and I was non-existent for them. probably the most Pathetic car-rental company I ever came across in my life.....

about "paying a little extra for international company" : no need to pay more..... just had a car from AVIS, picked it up in UDON THANI, week-day rate for a lovely Toyota Vios Manual: 690 Baht INCLUDING VAT and insurance (deductible 5000 Baht, could have had PREMIUM for a little more but didnt want it).

Had to book and pay in advance though, which I did at their BKK office, and no changes could be made. asked if they would give me the car for a full week at that rate (means, not only during week-days) to which they agreed. therefore, paid less than 5.000 baht for a full week rental from a very reputable car-rental-chain....

Roger that!! They are a bunch of idiots.....Crap cars and crap service. I have rented from them in the past...never again!! Deal with a reputable dealer and get an honest price....save the heartache. They quote you one price and then bump it up once you get the car...no reason...just "give me more money!!"

Ski....

Roger that!! They are a bunch of idiots.....Crap cars and crap service. I have rented from them in the past...never again!! Deal with a reputable dealer and get an honest price....save the heartache. They quote you one price and then bump it up once you get the car...no reason...just "give me more money!!"

I'll third (or is it fourth) that. Tried to arrange a rental by email with them and found them hopeless. Gave up and went elsewhere. Some businesses deserve to fail.

I've used them a few times in pattaya and had no problems at all. Nice newish cars (Vios and City), they come and pick me up at my condo or drop the car off at the condo for me and never tried to stiff me for extra cash. As for petrol, sure, they dont give u a full tank, but they take a note of how much is in it so you can return it with the same.

Just to let you know that I have rented from Q in Pattaya for almost 3 years now, never a problem, car either delivered or picked up at my house at sometimes very short notice and often well out of business hours. They gave me full credit for a monthly rental that was terminated after only 3 days due to an overseas work callout. They also credited me the full tank of diesel as I had just filled it up. No questions asked. I do all my bookings via email, up to 5/year and they have never missed a booking yet.

They have had a recent change in front desk staff so I would recommend anyone with prior bad experience with staff to give them another shot.

Regards the 'full tank' post, most locally owned Thai car rental operators do NOT supply cars with the full tanks which is the norm in other countries. As saorsa points out, make a note of what's in the tank on collection and make sure that's what's left when you bring it back.