Non B Visa Run To Nong Khai

hi

has anyone done a visa run to nong khai? if so what is the procedure if i already have a 1 year non b multi entry visa and i just wish to leave to get my next 90 days?

i have heard that you have to stay over night when getting the visa for the first time but what about hopping over just to get your stamp, can this be done in the day like mae sai or poipet for instance.

the only reason i am using nong khai is that im over in udon when my visa comes to an end and it saves flying back to chiang mai to go to burma. if its too difficult to do in nong khai then i will do it before i go to udon.

any advice would be welcomed.

thanks

thaimiller

The only disadvantage is that you will have to pay more for a visa to enter Laos. But you can just exit Thailand, enter Laos and turn around so no difference in that respect.

thanks lopburi, any idea on the price and is it better to pay in US$ or bhat?

It varies by nationality but believe in the $30 range - believe recent reports are they do not want dollars and may find or make reasons not to accept them (although I may have confused that with Cambodia).

thanks again lopburi3 i'll use nong khai as im already over in udon, great advice, thanks

It varies by nationality but believe in the $30 range - believe recent reports are they do not want dollars and may find or make reasons not to accept them (although I may have confused that with Cambodia).

What has the dollar sunk to, now that even 4th world countries don't even want it. :o

thanks again lopburi3 i'll use nong khai as im already over in udon, great advice, thanks

Probably $35 or $36 for the Visa On Arrival.  Don't forget one PHOTO.  If you don't have some, go to one of the photo shops in Udorn or Nong Khai and have a digital batch made up.

Mac

The only disadvantage is that you will have to pay more for a visa to enter Laos. But you can just exit Thailand, enter Laos and turn around so no difference in that respect.

You can buy some duty free alcohol or so, excellent port or french wines, at the border duty free shop.

No dollars are wanted.

The visum in Thb is 1200, take two fotos, not one, because if you have two you get one back, if you have only one, they will probably ask for another one.

Depart on the Thai side of the bridge, hop in the shuttle bus, arrive on the Lao side, go to the visa window, pay the money, give your passport to the friendly lady or gentleman, wait for a few minutes, and presto. the passport with visum is thrown in your general direction.

Now walk to the gate. hand over 50 baht for the entrance stamp in your passport, then walk around the building, go to the entrance gate, hand over 30 baht for the exit stamp in your passport, and hop on the shuttle bus again, back across the bridge into Thailand.

On the Thai side of the bridge go to the immigration office for your stamp.

That is it.

If you are lucky the time needed will be about 90 minutes, however, in a bad day it might take you all day.

One advise, go to the duty free zone in Lao, good sport and wares for your money, very cheap!

You have the visa, so use it for next time the Lao side might ask you why you did not visit the shops?

One way or another they find out and register this.

Besides that Nong Khai Market is nice too, visit it if you can and haggle like an idiot, in Lao and Nong Khai!

You might even like the whole experience.

Soon you can do the whole shebang by train, I was told they were planning too make it a doddle, so let us pray for this!