Are Bars Closed This Week-end In Bangkok?

totlanh

My friend just returned from Bangkok and told me that ALL bars were closed from Fri through to Sunday from 6 due to the election.He seems to think the same is due to happen this week-end.Im heading over on Friday so i hope this is not the case,can anyone enlighten me?? :o

The footy forum guys are having the weekly shin dig in Soi 8 bar (Soi 8 :D ) They are informed it is business as usual by the owner. You could do alot worse than an evening in there. As for other places, I don't know.

come on someone must know!!i need to make a very quick decission ie within the next hour whether or not to cancel my tickets and go next week-end.someone says that bars will be open friday,but closed sat/sun.anybody????? :o:D

The footy forum guys are having the weekly shin dig in Soi 8 bar (Soi 8 :D ) They are informed it is business as usual by the owner. You could do alot worse than an evening in there. As for other places, I don't know.

come on someone must know!!i need to make a very quick decission ie within the next hour whether or not to cancel my tickets and go next week-end.someone says that bars will be open friday,but closed sat/sun.anybody????? :o:D

If I was you I'd come next weekend. I think you'll find the official line is 6pm Friday until midnight Sunday, just like lastweekend & any other time there's an election of some description. However, I would imagine that some bars will do 'sneaky' drinking serving in mugs etc. The atmosphere wont be the same though. Save yourself the hassle & come next weekend.

Is it impossible to have a good time just now and then without a drink???? SAD

Please leave your condescension at the door.

Like it or not, many people specifically come to Bangkok to drink and party and carouse. If this makes you sad, you might do well to invest in a tissue company, because it is not going to change any time soon.

BFD!