Wife Applies For Uk Visitor Visa

I think it's finally time to take the wife on holiday to the UK but it seems like getting her a visa is going to be a bit confusing.

I hope a couple of members can give some decent advice. Let me explain.

The wife and I are officially married (in Thailand) and she has my/her Farang surname. She has a decent job, she works for the govt but she isn't a civil servant, just a normal employee. She has some land and cash.

Back home in the UK, i don't really have any close relatives anymore, my dad died, mum is in Oz etc.... I work in/from Thailand. Our UK friend (also married to a Thai) is willing to guarantee/act as a sponsor to my wife for her visa application.

How do you think the official in charge will react to this rather weird situation? I mean, a Thai woman married to a Brit appyling for a UK Visitor visa, but the sponsor is not her husband but another man. Do you think we ought to explain this to the official in charge, or just send the application through and not bother bringing the subject up?

Look forward to reading your ideas.

Thanks

Edited by Stephen Cleary

Sorry I cannot shed any light on your specific situation...however, in my experience it is best to be absolutely truthfull and cover/explain any niggly issues that may detrimentally effect your application. If they think that you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes they will view your application in a very negative light.

Sorry I cannot shed any light on your specific situation...however, in my experience it is best to be absolutely truthfull and cover/explain any niggly issues that may detrimentally effect your application. If they think that you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes they will view your application in a very negative light.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I was thinking the same.

On the presumption that both you and your wife will have evidence of employment to return to in Thailand, that your Thai immigration history shows you to be living in Thailand, and that you have assets in the country, I wouldn't foresee any difficulties.

That your pal in the UK will be offering a place to stay does not necessarily make him the sponsor, as, again, I presume that you are paying for the trip. If so, you would have to demonstrate that you have the resources to do so. The only thing then missing from the equation is accommodation in the UK. If your friend is going to put you up, he simply needs to write a letter confirming this and perhaps supply evidence of his occupation of the property; e.g. a mortgage statement, council tax bill, or utility bill.

Scouse.

On the presumption that both you and your wife will have evidence of employment to return to in Thailand, that your Thai immigration history shows you to be living in Thailand, and that you have assets in the country, I wouldn't foresee any difficulties.

That your pal in the UK will be offering a place to stay does not necessarily make him the sponsor, as, again, I presume that you are paying for the trip. If so, you would have to demonstrate that you have the resources to do so. The only thing then missing from the equation is accommodation in the UK. If your friend is going to put you up, he simply needs to write a letter confirming this and perhaps supply evidence of his occupation of the property; e.g. a mortgage statement, council tax bill, or utility bill.

Scouse.

Thanks Scouser, spot on. My wife's applying today. Do you know the amount of money in a Thai bank, they will be looking for?

Ironic, in that a website based on 'thai visas' offers better info on getting a British visa than the British Embassy's website. Perhaps the embassy's online department ought to just link their visa info page to thaivisa forums.

Do you know the amount of money in a Thai bank, they will be looking for?

It's not a question, per se, of how much money either you or your wife has in the bank but, rather, given her overall circumstances in Thailand, is it likely that she will leave the UK at the end of her trip.

Scouse.