Multiple Entry Non Immigration.

:o Hello All, you have all been so helpful in the past,that I am hoping you can help again.

I am coming back to Thailand early November, I am currently looking at Visa options, I am hoping to be in Thailand from November to March, although border runs are fine.

I have noticed I could apply for a non-immigration type O (other). I will mostly be a tourist, I have a Thai girlfriend (but she is not wife,so guess will not count). I am also hoping to top up my income by exporting from Thailand (legitimate items such as handbags, some jewellery and clothes etc).

If i was to apply for a Visa on the basis as tourism would I be allowed this type of visa? or would I be better off with Tourist visa. then extend, then leave country and get new visa?

I am planning to get a single ticket as I am not 100% sure on return date to UK. Also hopefully will be better for me to buy a ticket in Bkk to take me home to London and then come back to Bangkok again.

I have been to Thailand on tourist visa before with no problem even though only bought a single ticket.

Any advice on visas or exporting appreciated. I have had a good read of other posts but not specific to my need.

I plan to export small amounts by means of selling on eBay etc, I understand exporting is not a problem as I won't actually be working in Thailand, I will be earning money/paying taxes in the UK and just sending things from Thailand, small items from the post office anything larger through a wholesaler who is likely to have their own export license.

Thanking you in advance

So basically then I need a proper visa from Hull and as long as I am sending small amounts of Thai goods then not a problem? Should I put on my visa application that I am planning to export Thai goods to sell in the UK, or is this best not mentioned? My understanding was that anyone could buy goods in Thailand and have them exported to the UK, i.e a tourist on their two week holiday could see some silver goods in a wholesale shop and buy a load and have it sent on to home.. or the same kind of things at Jakujak Market and send direct from shipping companies there?

I will be selling in the UK and therefore my money will be coming in from a UK bank account, I know it sounds like working in Thailand to me but I thought the subtle differences of the money coming from the UK made a difference.

Anyway to sum up I need to apply to Hull for a non-tourist visa and exporting small amounts of Thai goods in a low key way is unlikely to cause a problem?

Only thing is, do I mention exporting on Visa application is that going to complicate things?

Thanks for all your time.. greatly appreciated. :o

OK. If I fill in the application to Hull and say I will be over in Thailand on dual purpose to see girlfriend and others and to export to the UK. plus have a letter from someone else to say they will bail me out if I get stuck. Is that all I need to do... apart from photos and finger crossing etc? sorry for all the questions but it is such a mindfield I would like to do it right. :o

I plan to export small amounts by means of selling on eBay etc, I understand exporting is not a problem as I won't actually be working in Thailand, I will be earning money/paying taxes in the UK and just sending things from Thailand, small items from the post office anything larger through a wholesaler who is likely to have their own export license.

Thanking you in advance

No problem AT ALL (Dr.). I have been doing this with some items as you describe and industrial products. Outsourcing is not working.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid... or maybe just overly cautious, but I don't think I would be advertising that I was doing exporting business in Thailand (regardless of the level of trade) without a work permit (regardless of the level of my visa).

It seems to me that if Immigration is going to be following the exact letter of the law regarding having cash funds on land border crossings, cracking down on schools with work permit-less teachers, etc. It would seem logical that they will soon focus on the "loss of revenue" (again, no matter how much it actually is) to Thailand because foreigners are doing the exporting and not Thais.