Gusto Rumba

cm das

Just bringing this topic back to the subject again, I see JRD have a new offer of a free 125cc scooter worth 33K Baht if you buy the Rumba for 68,000. Now I'd challenge anyone to come up with a better deal than that.

I think not taking the 'free' JRD would be preferable.. :o

I remember last year JRD were giving a free JRD scooter with the purchase of a 40 - 45k scooter..

The missus was reading the small print, and apparently they've only got 100 to give away to the unfortunate ones....I'm hoping I might be one of them :D

OK I've done it! The Rumba arrived this afternoon. First impressions are very favourable, the chain is a little tight, but everything else appears to be fine....which is more than can be said for the free Tornado scooter. That's got most of the screws missing from the floor pan, and its leaking oil from somewhere under the sump...I thought that was a feature especially reserved for old British motorbikes :D Anyway, the Rumba runs sweet, sounds great and best of all, the missus can't ride it because her legs arn't long enough to reach the gear lever and brake pedal :o

I'll give it proper run tomorrow and keep this thread updated with any problems.

geoffphuket

post-30543-1211036820_thumb.jpg

OH DEAR

Took the bike out for the first time this morning, and there's petrol squirting out of a rubber overflow hose, whilst its running. No way am I going to ride it like that, I'll have to get the dealer to pick it back up :o