Favorite Thing About Thailand?

mrt273nva

What is your single most favorite thing about Thailand (other than the women or the food)?

{i'll post mine later after there a few responses}

Its unpredictability, on an almost daily basis. There never seems to be a boring moment here. Something's always happening; it's not always something good: nonetheless, it's often something new and challenging to contend with or to admire.

Edited by chevykanteve

Have to agree with Nidge and GH. Nothing beats that view of the rice fields and mountains and experiencing living in a culture so incredibly different from my own with all the highs and lows, good and bad.

The Thai vibe - the way life is lived and enjoyed. Part just because it's different - every day is a surprise or a new adventure in reading the signals. And part because it feels so comfortable to me. There is an element of Thailand that feels like home to me in a way the US never can.

The view out my front door does add something to the experience....

post-4641-1204366356_thumb.jpg

But mainly, I'd have to say the absolute ONE thing I love about Thailand (besides my husband, of course :o) is the outdoor lifestyle I lead. I love the fact that it isn't cold, the laid back relaxed lifestyle and of course, the hot and spicy food.

People where I live smile a lot more than people in Ho Chi Minh City. It took me 3 years to be completely comfortable living in a rural area. I know why hubby never wants to live in big cities. Can I add one more? :o Better shopping compared with Vietnam.

Besides it being wonderfully tropical. The landscape where we live is very similar to Maui Hawaii.

World class......and a heck of a lot cheaper. Blessed with good neighbors. And some pretty breathtaking sunsets, along with being nessled in the mountains & lakes!

Thats a pretty sweet view SBK!!!!!!

I like hanging out with my nieces and nephews and spoiling them fairly rotten until even grandma and their mom starts to object.

Also my x-mil and sister il are very cool people. Actually they're the only family I've got. Can't wait to see them in December...

Other wise it's the food and women. Not particularly in that order... :o

What is your single most favorite thing about Thailand (other than the women or the food)?

Family life. The love and respect I recieve from them is amazing.

Its unpredictability, on an almost daily basis. There never seems to be a boring moment here. Something's always happening; it's not always something good: nonetheless, it's often something new and challenging to contend with or to admire.

the smell of BKK, yeah I know its weird

Edited by zorro1

Have to agree with Nidge and GH. Nothing beats that view of the rice fields and mountains and experiencing living in a culture so incredibly different from my own with all the highs and lows, good and bad.

Pretty much the same for me. It's mostly really laid back and peaceful where we are, almost at the geographic center of the country. Being at the house makes me feel really content and happy because it is something grand that me and my partner Mat built, and it is all ours because it was paid as we went along. (Even better now since the main local road was resurfaced last year. :o )

The Thai police BIB, for taking 400 baht and not writing tickets that cost 10,000 plus(like western counterparts), and for acting politely unlike Australian cops who are more like Rambos.

Edited by jayjayjayjay