Microsoft Chops Vista Retail Prices

crockett

Love Vista - best MS OS yet and leaves XP "Crash/Freeze" in the dust. MS just sent me Ultimate for being a tester, so might upgrade to VISTA Ultimate. :o

Love it too :D No more of the old XP hassles.

Naka.

Hello :o

Anyone having an idea how much it is in Bangkok now? Seeing and having bought Vista Ultimate (three times, for myself and two guys i built the machines for) at 20.000 Baht and now knowing that in the U.S. it's just over 6.000 Baht makes me wonder..... would it be legal to buy it online in the U.S. and have it shipped here? I mean heck, it cost's more than three times it's original price HERE!!

If M$ were intelligent they would offer it for the same price all over the world.... no wonder the Panthip versions are so popular here. I think at the more realistic 6k more people would buy the genuine version....... you don't even get XP Pro (full) for that price here!

Best regards....

Thanh

Anyone having an idea how much it is in Bangkok now? Seeing and having bought Vista Ultimate (three times, for myself and two guys i built the machines for) at 20.000 Baht and now knowing that in the U.S. it's just over 6.000 Baht makes me wonder..... would it be legal to buy it online in the U.S. and have it shipped here? I mean heck, it cost's more than three times it's original price HERE!!

If M$ were intelligent they would offer it for the same price all over the world.... no wonder the Panthip versions are so popular here. I think at the more realistic 6k more people would buy the genuine version....... you don't even get XP Pro (full) for that price here!

Best regards....

Thanh

I don't know the current price of Vista Ultimate in Bangkok, but I see no reason why it should be illegal to

purchase in the US and ship it here.

Best regards....

Thanh

I don't know the current price of Vista Ultimate in Bangkok, but I see no reason why it should be illegal to

purchase in the US and ship it here.

I think, I could be wrong, but you have to activate it in the US first.

Coz they've thought of that.

Best regards....

Thanh

WINDOWS XP HOME - NW 3,050

WINDOWS XP PRO - NW 5,120

WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC - NW 3,450

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM - NW 4,580

WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS - NW 5,700

MS-OFFICE BASIC 2007 - NW 6,750

JIB in Pantip, official versions.

Cheers

Best regards....

Thanh

I see the Ultimate edition for only 16k here, but I still find it very expensive

WINDOWS XP HOME - NW 3,050

WINDOWS XP PRO - NW 5,120

WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC - NW 3,450

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM - NW 4,580

WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS - NW 5,700

MS-OFFICE BASIC 2007 - NW 6,750

JIB in Pantip, official versions.

Cheers

Hmm what does "NW" mean, please? I think that those cheap versions are the so-called "OEM" ones. Because i bought a whole bunch Windows XP Home for my company and they are all "OEM", which means for one there's no support from M$ (not that we would need it) but also, once installed, they are tied to that very computer. I can not, for instance, get a new computer and install the same Windows on that one, even if i thoroughly destroy the old one, M$ won't let me activate that same Windows on the new one. Tried it, failed miserably, and was told over the phone that i can't do that with such version as those are "supposed to be delivered along with a new computer only". The price for those was 3,100 Baht back then (few months ago).

So yes, they are genuine. But being sold separately is NOT really legit.

As for Vista, the only version i am interested in is Ultimate for it has the coolest backup tool i've ever used - never been easier or faster to backup, restore a backup etc of either a whole HDD or certain partitions or even certain folders only. I have it already but as i am building machines i would be quite interested getting it from the States if anyhow possible.

As for "activating in the States", what if someone buys a laptop with Vista there, travels to Bangkok and only here finds out he needs to activate it? Will M$ refuse activation on what ground, IP? I also think, given the huge price difference in the same product, some measures must be in place...... but can't really see what would be the difference between an American Vista Ultimate DVD and one legitimately bought in Bangkok? Aren't the Bangkok ones imported from the States as well anyway?

With kind regards.....

Thanh

It is a plain joke. All versions are around 30% more expensive in Thailand than they are in the US. Is that how microcough tries to battle piracy? Time to support the pirates I guess. People here have less money and what microsoft is selling is still software which shouldn't have such huge price differences.

And no... I figured now way out so far to get it from the US.

I was never p!ssed of about microsoft but their pricing policy s#cks.