Your Partner's Age Difference ?

Mango-Guy

How much of an age gap is there between you and your partner (girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, etc.)?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it was Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones who said "you're as young as the woman you feel" and judging by many of the posts on TV, there are plenty of youth chasers in Thailand. But is that just a popular misconception or is it reality? Even though the poll is worded for guys, any gals are welcome to reply, and of course, nationality of either partner is not even an issue. :o

My girlfriend is three years younger than me (incidently there is no option for 3 - 4 years difference in the poll so I put 1 - 2 ) and even with that little difference I sometimes compare our relationship with bringing up a child. On the other hand I have friends who are older than me (I am 25) with younger girlfriends and they seem happy. I think to be honest the the cultural differences are much more significant.

Also I remember a friend telling me that he was pxxxxd off with people thinking that because he was 45 and English that he should be attracted to 45 year old English woman and when you put it like that...

Now this post is bound to get a lot of replies from angry people saying that anyone with a much younger Thai girlfriend is is a filthy beer swilling sex pest but thats a massive over simplification. You can be 50 and be a very fun person to be with and you can be 18 and a complete bore.

You can be 50 and be a very fun person to be with and you can be 18 and a complete bore.

OMG....did you know my ex bf? :D

Average age of my ex bfs: 36.5 years old

Average age difference: 11.5 years old

Current age of bf: TBA (once i acquire another one! :o)

Hey Shopgurl Gentlemen Scamp is holding auditions for a replacement GF at the sienna room hilton hotel in hua hin on Oct 20th. :D

Hey Shopgurl Gentlemen Scamp is holding auditions for a replacement GF at the sienna room hilton hotel in hua hin on Oct 20th.    :D

Hmmmm?? Shud I prepare my swimsuit and a talent show??

well if it was me it be enough to see you in a swimsuit but the rest you have to ask scamp :o

Well since my lady is 25 years younger than me I guess you would put mre in the likem young group. But since she is 34 with kids I don't think shes considered a baby in Thai culture. Anyway we are having a good time doing quite well together.

Why do they consider themselves old if 30 and up in age?? My wife says she is "old girl" all the time I am 35 we are not spring chickens but not old at all.

Hey Shopgurl Gentlemen Scamp is holding auditions for a replacement GF at the sienna room hilton hotel in hua hin on Oct 20th.    :o

Hmmmm?? Shud I prepare my swimsuit and a talent show??

You should be prepared for this chapter of your life to be posted and commented on in these pages. Make sure you behave yourself...

BTW I am another one with a 2 years younger partner. Seems to work better in the long run than a big gap.

how do u manage Pat???   :o

It's not as easy as you think, I'm constantly sweeping up long black hairs off my tiled floor....

Don't you have a bed?? last i heard they do make them :D just don't hurt yourself DJ pat has one been at your place and left and then another one arrive?

I think it was Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones who said "you're as young as the woman you feel"

Maybe but I think it was Bill Wyman who practiced it. Didn't he marry a really young bird and then his son turned around and married an "older woman."

Anyway, I'm in the median area. I'm 46 and my fiance' is 32.

What happened to the 3-4 years younger? Or the ones who have a significantly older partner? Is it ok if I update the poll slightly to include this?

I'm sorry if that affects votes that are already cast, but then again I think all age differences below 5 years are not really that significant anyway. (haha incidentally my own age gap; I'm 34 and she's 29, pushing 30 real hard) And of course it depends on both people's ages as well, like a guy of 58 with a 51 year old wife is still 7 years difference. On the same note I don't really see the 'calling the cops' reference; what if he's 95 and she's 65?

Cheers,

Chanchao

My missus is older by 2 years. My ex was 6 years younger. I'm 30. But the difference is more than age. My ex was a nutter and money grabber. Where as the missus earns about the same money as me and is pretty chilled out. Also the ex had no idea in bed. She said to me teach me about sex. So i tried(nothing out of th ordinary) Once i said to her why dont you get on top. She replied i get to tired. F### sake woman! I know that this not true with all younger woman. But when it comes to alot of things. My missus wins hands down

I am 60 and my wife is 39 next month.

We have known each other for over 11 years and have been married for 4 1/2.

Had to divorce the UK wife first.

The divorce was the best thing I ever did, second best was to marry my Thai wife, (bit tricky the other way around).

Problem is I don't always listen to her advice and most of the time it is better than my own ideas.