I Am Getting Nervous!

lostturista

Make sure you avoid the green and yellow taxis, the drivers are all under cover debt collectors.

Don't worry either way thais are alway a debt collectors to farangs. Same price, but farangs come with interest.

Dual Pricing.

actually, i am in thailand now, no problem with the immigration :o

Did immigration take their time while checking out your documents and were they staring at a computer screen with a totally blank look and perhaps just a hint of a dry smile? they let you in because they know you will be found and beaten to a pulp

As others have said, that's what the deposit is for.

It is a common practice here (unfortunately) to screw you out of the deposit, even if you leave the room spic and span and in unchanged condition- so there's a bit of a game between tenant and landlord. If you play fair, they will charge you for every month's rent (including the last) and then take all or nearly all of the deposit. What *some* people might do, however, is not give notice and simply "forget" to pay the last month's rent while quietly moving out that month, then let them take the deposit for that month's rent. I would never do a thing like that, of course.

"S"

As a land lord, I disagree. We rarely ever keep the full deposit, even when we should. The wife and I feel uncomfortable confronting the idiots even when the damage done is even beyond the deposit.

and we commonly get screwed out of rent etc. Even the cops seem to support such activities, and yes we get the police out at the propeties to sort things out.

My father owned rentals too, and we were always getting the shaft from renters....

You may be a good renter, and would not damage property that you do not own, but trust me, you are an exception.