Got Sv Visa - Need Return Or One Way Flight?

Hi All

Firstly, I have to say that this Forum and all the useful stuff within it is an absolute godsend and I doubt I would have got through the application process without it!

My fiance and I have just been successful in obtaining an SV for her and her baby daughter to come to the UK, absolutely over the moon!, and thank you to all the guys who give their time to respond to peoples need for help and guidance!

I just have a couple of questions and hope this is the right place for them. Now we have the visa, will booking a one way flight be OK for both of them or, as the visa is only technically valid for 6 months, will they need to show a return ticket when entering the UK? We intend to marry here and extend the visa when done but not sure what the ruling is.

Also, if one way flights are OK, does anyone have any tips on the best place to book them, i.e internet or in Thailand. Any advice useful, especially in keeping costs down.

Again, thanks to all and if I can help anyone who is also applying or waiting, please let me know.

Cheers

JB

Congratulations.

Will you be flying to the UK with them? The reason im asking is my wife flew to the UK by herself and i paid for her ticket over the internet on my credit card and they were a little bit funny with her at Bangkok airport as the ticket and and credit card name obviously didnt match.

Steve

Cheers Steve

I am going over there to get them as I can imagine the major hassle to get the littlun over here by herself. Plus I am flying over there for Songran week so can have a cheekly holiday at the same time! So not all bad.

Just trying to keep costs down but think I may have found some flights with BA that are not too bad. Thai and EVA seem really pricey.

Did your wife have any problems when she arrived on her own over here? Wasn't sure if they were funny with one way tickets but seems not.

Cheers

John

Congratulations.

Will you be flying to the UK with them? The reason im asking is my wife flew to the UK by herself and i paid for her ticket over the internet on my credit card and they were a little bit funny with her at Bangkok airport as the ticket and and credit card name obviously didnt match.

Steve

hey jonny looking for advice posted on the first page so maybe you can have a look at my post and offer me some avice. Thanks Mate Marshall