Yao Yai Resort

madjbs

I want to go for a holiday over Songkran, I was thinking of Krabi at first but the prices seem rather high so I am now looking at Koh Yao. Koh Yao Noi seems to be where most of the bungalows and stuff are but I have found this place http://www.yaoyairesort.com/index.htm on Koh Yao Yai which looks nice. The beach looks much nicer for swimming here and I imagine it feels more secluded. Has anyone been here and if so what is it like? Is there anything do do or see on Koh Yao Yai?

Also, on Koh Yao Noi does anyone know of a place that has a nice beach, a pool and accommodation for not more than 2000 baht a night?

Thanks

I'd suggest Lom Lae on Koh Yao Noi, the beach is one of the best, the price is in your range but there is no pool. On Koh Yao Noi if you are looking for a pool it would have to be Island resort or Koh Yao Pavillions and both are waaaayyyy above your budget unfortunately.

I would personally avoid Koh Yao Yai unless you want total escape and nothing else but your resort - it is beautiful but very quiet and very Muslim.

//removed advertising//

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at Lom Lae as well actually as it looks like it has nice bungalows and good value for money. I have just found this website http://www.andaman-island-hopping.com/ which lists lots of little resorts on islands I never even knew existed! Koh Ngai looks nice but rather quiet. I will only be going for 4 or 5 nights so as long as they have snorkeling gear and a few sea kayaks I will be happy.

I think you'll enjoy it Madjbs, you can kayak out to other smaller islands from Lom Lae, take water though as the other islands are not inhabited. Snorkelling is best at high tide out on Hong Island, there is a lovely lagoon there with starfish etc and the usual little yellow and black striped fish! Motorbike hire is cheap and the island takes about 30 minutes to drive around. I'll PM you with other details :o