Ip Star Internet- What A Joke

designersing

Hi all,

I usually stay pretty chilled out, but the past few weeks my ip star 1mbps service has been virtually no existant, it took one hour to try and get on thaivisa and post this! Any others feeling let down by crap connection? I am paying the top price of 2600b(plus vat!) a month for the biggest crock of sh*te I have ever experienced, has anyone got any tips on how to get the connection I am supposed to be getting?

post-53309-1204884457_thumb.jpg

Should I call TOT to come out to have a look? Would it make any difference?! I have put a screenshot here of my terminal screen, I would really appreciate it if anyone else could give me any advice through experience of ipstar. I am so mad and frustrated with it that f the service doesnt improve I am thinking of just not paying 2800 baht for the worst internet I have ever tried to use in my life, dear oh dear.

Any suggestions welcomed! (other than attack with a hammer)

:o thanks DSG

Edited by designersing

Hi all,

I usually stay pretty chilled out, but the past few weeks my ip star 1mbps service has been virtually no existant, it took one hour to try and get on thaivisa and post this! Any others feeling let down by crap connection? I am paying the top price of 2600b(plus vat!) a month for the biggest crock of sh*te I have ever experienced, has anyone got any tips on how to get the connection I am supposed to be getting?

Should I call TOT to come out to have a look? Would it make any difference?! I have put a screenshot here of my terminal screen, I would really appreciate it if anyone else could give me any advice through experience of ipstar. I am so mad and frustrated with it that f the service doesnt improve I am thinking of just not paying 2800 baht for the worst internet I have ever tried to use in my life, dear oh dear.

If you do a search, you wil find MANY posts telling you what you have already discovered. I had both Loxinfo Shitstar and TOT Crapstar. Both were absolutely pathetic. I was finally told after about four years that what I had was the best they could do and if I didn't like it they would disconnect me. Disconnect is what I finally did. I am now using a cell phone with AIS EDGE. It certainly is not perfect BUT it is MUCH better than the shit service I had besides being a lot cheaper.

Hi all,

never heard of that (ip star) im with tot landline, if thats the same, and i have broadband on the middle rate and pay about 600/700 per month and to be fair all the problems i had before and now seem to be from modem/wireless getting hot, now computor dont tell ya that, but i unplug power leave near fan 5 mins and retry,90% of time is fine now!

if you call tot ask for the 'help a farang section' :D

i think its due to start in 2015!

If you do a search, you wil find MANY posts telling you what you have already discovered. I had both Loxinfo Shitstar and TOT Crapstar. Both were absolutely pathetic. I was finally told after about four years that what I had was the best they could do and if I didn't like it they would disconnect me. Disconnect is what I finally did. I am now using a cell phone with AIS EDGE. It certainly is not perfect BUT it is MUCH better than the shit service I had besides being a lot cheaper.

Hi Gary are you able to provide more information as it seems that we are experiencing the same thing. We signed up for the Corporate package of 3,300baht per month and the best download speed we got today was 100kbps.

The local technician knows me well and I am taking notes of what speed we have everyday and will challenge them on it when the bill comes.

I have 256/128 TOT IPStar. Just ran a ThaiVisa speedtest: 224/94.

The system has been very poor these past 10 days but seems to be improving now. I had an engineer out a couple of days ago: he reconfigured the system (says it should be done every year or so), which did help somewhat. I was told in technical Thai that there is a Gateway problem - I wouldn't have understood it much better had I been told in technical English - and that it "may be" sorted within a week.

In general, I've been very happy with the service since I installed it nearly two years ago.

Khonwan

Hi Gary are you able to provide more information as it seems that we are experiencing the same thing. We signed up for the Corporate package of 3,300baht per month and the best download speed we got today was 100kbps.

The local technician knows me well and I am taking notes of what speed we have everyday and will challenge them on it when the bill comes.

There's really not much to tell. Most of the time it was pathetically slow and many times it would simply hang up and not work. I have had Loxinfo, TOT and all three packages and other than download speed, couldn't tell the difference. Service stinks and all they could do is to give me all sorts of different excuses. The last time they told me the problem was Thailand wide. I hooked up my cell phone and it worked. At that point I was told that if I wasn't happy with the service they would simply unhook it. They got tired of my complaining and told me that what I had was the best that they could do. They still have not picked up their junk.

Guest Reimar

The best advice I can give to anybody who has problems with IP-Star is:

1. Record all session for a period of time with real screenshots;

2. create a log about the reboot of the Box if that is often happens to you;

3. run a Speedtest at several times a day and log the results but keep in mind that the local speeds count's and NOT the international;

4. if the system sucks at all or most of the times, contact the ISP to file a written complaint and give them 10 days for to solve the problem;

5. stop the payment if 4. didn't work;

6. Contact the Consumer Protection Department at NTC (get the address at http://eng.ntc.or.th) with all of the details you have;

7. inform the ISP about the Complaint at NTC and refuse any payment until the problems solved or the contract is canceled.

I had the same problem with CS-Loxinfo, you can search here in 2006 for my post about that, and the whole was end up on Court because I was forcing for the Pay back of the money I paid and refused to hand over the IP-Star equipment before that. Finally CS-Loxinfo had to place the Check for the Refind at the Court and after I was get the Refund paid to my account they was allowed to pickup the Equipment at my office. I wasn't need to pay for cancelation of the contract.

Final, if you can prove that the system didn't delivers what it should, you have the right on your side and even here in Thailand you get it. Take a look at the Court Order I posted in 2006!

Cheers.