How's The Los Angeles Thai Consulate..?

Fifteen years ago I got my tourist visa there. Since then I have married a Thai lady

and been going there once every 5 years to renew her passport. That's coming up again this January.

Easy to find, easy to park, and nice folks running the show.

Good luck.

Does anyone have any experience with the Los Angeles Thai Consulate regarding approving/issuing visas...?

Will they issue a Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant B...?

Are they ok..? Or difficult to deal with..?

ChrisP

Apply by mail to the RTCG in Houston Chris. LA is very tough regarding multiples.

I was there in LA this year.

They did give me some trouble with a 6 month

multi-entry Tourist visa, but I kept asking them

to reconsider and they eventually gave in and

gave me what I wanted.

I was in a business suit looking very professional

and my persistence was gentle and respectful.

But it sounds like Dr Pat's advice is from good experience,

so you may want to try Houston first.

Does anyone have any experience with the Los Angeles Thai Consulate regarding approving/issuing visas...?

Only if you received approval from the Ministry concerned beforehand , this means that your employer must first apply ( by Form WP3) for and receive approval for your employment through the Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Mit-Maitree Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 - Tel. (662) 617-6578 or 617-6587 / Fax (662) 617-6576, in case of up-country the employer apply through the District Office or the Province Office , Once the approval has been granted, you would then attach this approval to your visa application and submit it to the LA Consulate.

This is the only Consulate that asks for this in the United States. In Europe, you’ll find its Sweden and Spain.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Only if you received approval from the Ministry concerned beforehand , this means that your employer must first apply ( by Form WP3) for and receive approval for your employment through the Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Mit-Maitree Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 - Tel. (662) 617-6578 or 617-6587 / Fax (662) 617-6576, in case of up-country the employer apply through the District Office or the Province Office , Once the approval has been granted, you would then attach this approval to your visa application and submit it to the LA Consulate.

This is the only Consulate that asks for this in the United States. In Europe, you’ll find its Sweden and Spain.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Bureacracy gone mad.

Many thanks to you all for the info. :D

Wouldn't it be good if ALL the Consulates/Embassies had the same procedures..??

(Kinda revolutionary idea... I know. )

Sigh :o

ChrisP

Information in Thai Embassies and Consulates vary from officer to officer. The rules are interpreted differently so very often. Makes it very hard.