Ireland V Wales (rugby)

welshchris

Hi Guys

I am arriving from Bangkok late this afternoon (and game starts at 7pm) and was wandering if you knew of any bars that were showing the rugby today?

Had a look in Bangkok post and it doesnt apear to be on Star Sports or UBC.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Chris

Try Gullivers at the start of Beach road, I have watched every Welsh match there though the Rugby doesn't get big screen status as thats usually reserved for the premiership though the Wales Scotland match was a big screen showing. Normally the rugby is on the smaller screens in the dining room and there have been a few welsh there for every match.

I will drive by Gullivers later today and will look and let you know for sure. As we are on at 7PM which is very early it should be a big screen showing. Will post more details later.

I was about to start a thread about this myself.

Ireland v Wales kicks off at 8.15, and Scotland v England at 10.15 . I was thinking about Gullivers myself, they are definitely not on UBC so will need somewhere with South African Sports - which Gullivers has.

Anyone else have any other suggestions, and any TV rugby fans want to meet up for a few beers?

Swing low...

Edited by sweetchariot

Gullivers are showing both rugby matches on the screens in the dining room with the welsh match advertised at 8. Theres not much seating area in the dining area, it's not a room as such rather just a raised section behind the pool tables.

I will probably aim to get there around 7 to watch the Welsh match and then make my way over to the big screen where my footy team will be showing at 10.

Bred of heaven, bred of heaven, feed me till I want no more.....hic :o

Thanks guys.

Just had alook at the internet and put 6nationsa and pattaya into google and Jamesons came up as showing it and from teh website looks like its teh main attraction.

Maybe see you at Gullivers or if i find any other place will let you know.

Chris

Ireland v Wales kicks off at 8.15, and Scotland v England at 10.15 . I was thinking about Gullivers myself, they are definitely not on UBC so will need somewhere with South African Sports - which Gullivers has.

Anyone else have any other suggestions, and any TV rugby fans want to meet up for a few beers?

Swing low...

Soi 8 in Soi 8 is a rugby pub and will have the games on for sure.

Plenty of seating too as they will also be showing the football.

BT

Swing low...

BT

Was that a typo, or is the bar called soi 8 as well? If so where is it - don't say soi 8! :o

Swing low...

BT

Was that a typo, or is the bar called soi 8 as well? If so where is it - don't say soi 8! :D

No Typo error it realy is called Soi 8 in Soi 8 about 50 yds down on right hand side.

BT :o

Just cam back from a little wander round the bars.

Was up by Soi Metro just off Soi Diana Inn, and saw it is on a big screen in a bar called metro (another great name(.

Looks quite nice in there and prices looked ok so might plump for that one as im staying at Areca on Soi Diana anyway.

The owner said he is showing rugby in half teh place and football in the other.

Just cam back from a little wander round the bars.

Was up by Soi Metro just off Soi Diana Inn, and saw it is on a big screen in a bar called metro (another great name(.

Looks quite nice in there and prices looked ok so might plump for that one as im staying at Areca on Soi Diana anyway.

The owner said he is showing rugby in half teh place and football in the other.

Yeah I have watched it in there a few times, but it's a little, erm, awkward tonight as I have the missus with me.

Landlord is a rugby man (Irish) and a nice chap to boot, so you should have a good banter with him when Ireland stuff you! :o

Ah well, congrats to Chris, Paul, and all you other sheepsh@ggers.

I am going to have to wrestle with my conscience over who to support next week.

Ok I Have wrestled.

Vive la France, Allez les bleu.

Baguettes, garlic and tricolors.

Pastiche, vin rouge, pernod.

ALLEZ, ALLEZ.

Au revoir.

Ah well, congrats to Chris, Paul, and all you other sheepsh@ggers.

I am going to have to wrestle with my conscience over who to support next week.

Ok I Have wrestled.

Vive la France, Allez les bleu.

Baguettes, garlic and tricolors.

Pastiche, vin rouge, pernod.

ALLEZ, ALLEZ.

Au revoir.

What a sad state of affairs for English rugby when they have to side with Frogs :o against lil'ol Cymru fach.....LMFAO

What a sad state of affairs for English rugby when they have to side with Frogs :o against lil'ol Cymru fach.....LMFAO

I'd never side with the Frogs against anyone. Had a problem with the Jocks / Frogs match, 'cos I wanted both to lose.

But what a pathetic showing from England - I'm almost ashamed to acknowledge them.

Must have been the banning of Cipriano that did it. What has Ashton got against Wasps?

Yes congratulations, I have to say you deserved it. If only England played throughout the tournament as they did on Saturday then we might have given you a run for your money. Ah well, next year.

BTW totally off topic, but as this is on the Pattaya forum does anyone know the dates of the 10's tournament at Horseshoe Point this year? I think it was May last year, it was a great couple of days. I might even go training with the Panthers and see if I can get a game.