Marriage visa

I have a non-immig O and getting my papers together with my tax office in Sweden for my upcoming marriage to my darling Khmer/Thai.  Can the marriage visa be renewed every year, or must one have a new non-immig. every year from Penang?  Also is the marriage visa different from the one year extension based on marriage to a Thai?   :cool:  :cool:

Doctor,

I think you are mistaken. You can extend a non immigrant O for marriage at any thai immigration. You do not need to go abroad. as a matter of fact this is one of the few visas you are able to obtain in country. Info from the foriegn affairs website in Bangkok.

If you are supporting your wife, or she is supporting you, and it can be proved (bank account of 200-250k here presently for your support) the visa can be extended on a yearly basis inside Thailand.  If not the best you can do is to obtain a new multi entry non immigrant visa outside Thailand every 14/15 months and exit/return every 90 days or less.

Marriage visa is a class O non immigrant visa issued by the Foreign Ministry.  

The one year extension is an extension of your stay issued by the Immigration Police inside Thailand.  You do not need another visa once you start this process and continue to meet the requirements.