Who Is Your Favorite Stand Up?

garro

Bill Hicks was awesome indeed, unfortunately he is no loner with us, look him up on Youtube.

My favs are

George Carlin

Emo Phillips (seen at Just for Laughs Festival, Montreal)

Rodney Dangerfield.

Henny Youngman (always had a violin but never played it)

Billy Connoly (seen at NAC, Ottawa)

The doctor says to the patient, "Take your clothes off and stick your tongue out the window". "What will that do?" asks the patient. The doctor says, "I'm mad at my neighbor!"

-Youngman

Favourite I ever saw was indeed Bill Hick's in 92 in Glasgow - he would take some beating.

The best full story teller as a comendy with a serious message was in a show called "Thai Die" at the Edinburgh Festival in 95 - Aussie comedian called Greg Fleet

I think Dylan Moran is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjuIkVKlW8

Who is your favorite stand-up?

This is great thanks!

Too many to mention as favourites. However, the simplicity of Peter Kay is hard to beat. Bill Bailey is a genius. Eddie Izzard is unique. Saw Steve Coogan in his 'Bag 'o' <deleted>' tour and nearly died laughing! And so many more...

I think Dylan Moran is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjuIkVKlW8

Who is your favorite stand-up?

This is great thanks!

Too many to mention as favourites. However, the simplicity of Peter Kay is hard to beat. Bill Bailey is a genius. Eddie Izzard is unique. Saw Steve Coogan in his 'Bag 'o' <deleted>' tour and nearly died laughing! And so many more...

any of the comedians who toured the northern working mens clubs in the 50,s and 60,s before foul language was considered cool, bernard manning before Fxxxjokes were allowed, Dave allen, Bob Monkhouse even a young Ken Dodd was a great comedianwhen he was on the circuit with a real singer :D to many american stand ups and Singers to mention started their careers in the lancs/yorks working mens clubs, when they were based in UK after the war :o Nignoy

Chic Murray

Here's a few Murrayisms:

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

I made a stupid mistake last week. Come to think of it, did you ever hear of someone making a clever mistake?

So I gave him a wave. Actually, it was more of a half wave, because I only half know him.

What use is happiness? It can't buy you money.

I met this cowboy with a brown paper hat, paper waistcoat and paper trousers. He was wanted for rustling.

If something's neither here nor there, where the hel_l is it?

My father was a simple man. My mother was a simple woman. You see the result standing in front of you, a simpleton.

I had a tragic childhood. My parents never understood me. They were Japanese.

There are just too many to mention, especially the old greats. But a really good newish talent is Jimmy Carr, saw him at the comedy club and he is really good. To me, a good sign of a great comedian is how they handle the hecklers and noisy audience. This guy can really handle them with side splitting retorts. If you get a chance, he's well worth going to see.

I know I'm showing my age, you may have to Google to find out who these people are but my votes go for Red Fox, Rusty Warren, Moms Mabley.

Rusty Warren still resides retired and happy in Hawaii.