Up Coming Kick Boxing Venue

Richb2004v2

I am back home in a week or so and wonder if there are any up coming kick boxing competitions in Pattaya. I would like to watch the Thai Vs Ferang fights really. I have seen them advertised before but never been. I think they are on quite regularly. Does anyone know if any are scheduled for March/ April. Also how much, where, and are they worth watching?

I am back home in a week or so and wonder if there are any up coming kick boxing competitions in Pattaya. I would like to watch the Thai Vs Ferang fights really. I have seen them advertised before but never been. I think they are on quite regularly. Does anyone know if any are scheduled for March/ April. Also how much, where, and are they worth watching?

i think there may be one this weekend .....i have seen lots of advertising posters around but didnt take much notice of exact date :D .they are quite frequent events anyway....at least once a month if not twice.

i have been before and it is usually at the stadium just off threprasit rd(up a road opposite night market)

cost.......cant remember :o but think is a few hundred baht maybe 400!!!

can be worth watching .....depends if they go for it or not etc

sorry i wasnt much help but at least i tried :D

I recently went to see Muay Thai at the fairtex arena. The night I went had 13 matches. about half were little kids, one was female, and two were farang/Thai.

It was pretty good entertainment as I'd never been to see a real match in person before. It was a bit expensive for Thailand I thought, tickets were 1000 Baht.

I would visit the arena to check out upcoming events. Sorry I can't provide directions as I followed a lunatic on a motorbike to get there.

Thanks for the help.

1000Baht is a bit steep. I went to Limpini and Bangkok last year and paid around 1600Baht and was very dissapointed. There was no information and all the fighters looked the same. It was pointless really. I am thinking that the Pattya events might be better as there will atl east be a difference between the fighters if one of them is Ferang. I will investigate when I get home next week.

Yeah, they were. They did the hard sell by telling us in a round about way that there was less chance of us getting killed there. A slight exageration actually. It was something like 'there is security there, but not in the other areas'. The front seats were actually only 15 feet or so on front of the other cheap seats. Either way I would not go again.

Yeah, they were. They did the hard sell by telling us in a round about way that there was less chance of us getting killed there. A slight exageration actually. It was something like 'there is security there, but not in the other areas'. The front seats were actually only 15 feet or so on front of the other cheap seats. Either way I would not go again.

chance of getting killed.....from what???? a large exageration i would say,when was the last time a foreigner or even a thai was killed as an audience member in lumpini....blimey....would like to see the statistics.anyway i think you can see ok at any stadium as theyre not that big and seats tend to be higher up at back of stadium.

i think a show can be good or boring...when i went to lumpini...no knockouts or anything too exciting but other people have had an exciting night so luck of the draw anywhere.

chance of getting killed.....from what???? a large exageration i would say,when was the last time a foreigner or even a thai was killed as an audience member in lumpini....blimey....would like to see the statistics.anyway i think you can see ok at any stadium as theyre not that big and seats tend to be higher up at back of stadium.

i think a show can be good or boring...when i went to lumpini...no knockouts or anything too exciting but other people have had an exciting night so luck of the draw anywhere.

Yeah, it was an over exaggeration by me. It was just the way that they said 'no security in that area, but security here at the front', to which I wondered what was going to happen at the back. I can't imagine being told that anywhere else if I went to a venue. Strange anyway.

I found the Limpini venue poor for a number of reasons. It was billed as having many championship fights but the announcer did not make any informative announcement before the fights in english, so I had no idea which were championship fights or indeed which fighter was fighting for what. This coupled with the fact that all the fighters looked almost identical made for a disappointing do. Also as you said there were no knock outs or even near knock outs. The whole thing was a bit flat. I like to be able to shout for a fighter but with nothing to separate them I become a little bored.

Yeah, it was an over exaggeration by me. It was just the way that they said 'no security in that area, but security here at the front', to which I wondered what was going to happen at the back. I can't imagine being told that anywhere else if I went to a venue. Strange anyway.

I found the Limpini venue poor for a number of reasons. It was billed as having many championship fights but the announcer did not make any informative announcement before the fights in english, so I had no idea which were championship fights or indeed which fighter was fighting for what. This coupled with the fact that all the fighters looked almost identical made for a disappointing do. Also as you said there were no knock outs or even near knock outs. The whole thing was a bit flat. I like to be able to shout for a fighter but with nothing to separate them I become a little bored.

snap......put me off going again but heard from others that there was a couple of knockouts when they went so they were very lucky......the fights i saw very evenly matched and just a bit boring due to ...you hit ,i hit,you kick,i kick,i kick,you kick etc if you know what i mean.every fight the same....the thais loved it and cheer every hit/kick.......beats me.

the security issue was probabaly coz ur a farang and might get a pickpocket or two on your own at the back...maybe.