Want To Bring The Wife To The States

I have no job

I have no money (bank ect)

I own nothing

my thai wife owns nothing

My thai wife has no money

My thai wife has no job

how can i bring my wife to the states? Any idea at all?

Sure i have some money just not in the bank or can show..

:o

Thanks

Well thanks for the good luck :o

Simple fact is i am broke in regards to showing $$ and same for the wife.. We did the thai marriage and went to the embassy ect.. Her family owns a home and maybe i can get sponsors if that helps? she has zero $$ money in the bank.

I have no job

I own nothing

My thai wife has no job

:D

Thanks

You start by going to the USCIS website and downloading the form I-30. It will be much faster to use the fiance visa form I-29. But if you regestered with the amphir in Thailand you cant use the I-29. The website will explain everything you need to know.

You will have to show income and bank statements from you or a family member who is willing to sponsor her. Plus a permanent residence. We did the I-29 and she was here in 6 months.

VERY difficult for her to come on a student or visitor visa, I've tried to bring my sister-in-law. They refused stating, "she was a risk not to return".

Good luck, I'm sure you miss her. :o

meandwi

Edited by meandwi

I have no job

I own nothing

My thai wife has no job

:D

Thanks

You start by going to the USCIS website and downloading the form I-30. It will be much faster to use the fiance visa form I-29. But if you regestered with the amphir in Thailand you cant use the I-29. The website will explain everything you need to know.

You will have to show income and bank statements from you or a family member who is willing to sponsor her. Plus a permanent residence. We did the I-29 and she was here in 6 months.

VERY difficult for her to come on a student or visitor visa, I've tried to bring my sister-in-law. They refused stating, "she was a risk not to return".

Good luck, I'm sure you miss her. :o

meandwi

That's the CIS Form I-130

Mac

I own nothing

Simple fact is i am broke in regards to showing $$ and same for the wife

either you've got some money , or you haven't , which one is it ?

if you're broke and can't support a wife then you shouldnt have got married.

if you've got money then why are you hiding it , you can support her and should be able to bring her over.

which do you love more , the money or your wife ?

My feeling is you have to get your own affairs in order first. You have zero chance of getting your wife a visa at present.

Get a job, work hard for a year or so and save like mad. You will then be in a slightly better position to achieve your ambition.

By the way, does your Thai wife know the situation?

I have no job

I own nothing

My thai wife has no job

Thanks

No disrespect to your situation but you have to think outside of the box as you have a hit on your hands right there. Those would be great lyrics for a country western song with a different slant. No pun intended

Edited by zorro1

You will need to file I-130 petition and follow all the instructions. If you want her to bypass the I-130 processing time you should apply for the K-3 Non Immigrant visa.

What Is a K-3 Visa?

Spouses of U.S. citizens, and the spouse's children, can come to the United States on nonimmigrant visas (K-3 and K-4) and wait in the United States to complete the immigration process. Before a K-4 visa can be issued to a child, the parent must have a K-3 visa or be in K-3 status.

What Is a "Spouse"?

A spouse is a legally wedded husband or wife. Cohabiting partners do not qualify as spouses for immigration purposes. Common-law spouses may qualify as spouses for immigration purposes depending on the laws of the country where the common-law marriage occurs. In cases of polygamy only the first spouse qualifies as a spouse for immigration.

US State Department K3 info page

You will need a minimum income of $17,125 to sponser your wife.

There are cases where you can have another person co-sponsor since you have no income.

But it is a LONG shot that you will be able to this until you get a stable job and income.

In cases of polygamy only the first spouse qualifies as a spouse for immigration.

I always wondered about that. Now I have my answer.

Since they say that only the first counts for immigration, I wonder if any others would still be recognized, but not be able to get visas based on it? So if a guy with 5 wives moves to the US, and his wives also move to the US, would the US consider them all his wives for things besides immigration?

Gunnyd,

Thank you for your post.. Ok i get a job and lets say 6 months down the road i try for the K-3 Non Immigrant visa. How, Does she need to show a reason for her to come back to thailand? Should i start sending her money from the states (monygram ect) To show she is a real wife?

Thanks again

confuse confuse

Filing - Two Petitions are Required

You must first file an immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, form I-130 for your spouse with the USCIS Office that serves the area where you live. The USCIS will send you a Notice of Action (Form I-797) receipt notice. This notice tells you that the USCIS has received the petition.

You next file Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), form I-129F for your spouse and children. Send the I-129F petition, supporting documents and a copy of the Form I-797 receipt notice to this Department of Homeland Security USCIS Address on their web site.

Edited by craigrs

Gunnyd,

Thank you for your post.. Ok i get a job and lets say 6 months down the road i try for the K-3 Non Immigrant visa. How, Does she need to show a reason for her to come back to thailand? Should i start sending her money from the states (monygram ect) To show she is a real wife?

Thanks again

confuse confuse

You must first file an immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, form I-130 for your spouse with the USCIS Office that serves the area where you live. The USCIS will send you a Notice of Action (Form I-797) receipt notice. This notice tells you that the USCIS has received the petition.

You next file Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), form I-129F for your spouse and children. Send the I-129F petition, supporting documents and a copy of the Form I-797 receipt notice to this Department of Homeland Security USCIS Address on their web site.

No need for her to have proof that she is going back, because she is your wife, and the reason for this visa is for her to join you and live in the US.

I think people file both of the petitions, but I think they both get processed at the same time, and you go with whichever gets approved first.

Balo,

I'm in the states now and wife is in Thailand.. plan going back end of the summer..

But your broke.

The best thing to do would to get a job.

Good luck, I think you will need it.

Scotty..................

actually he said that he had money, just not money in the bank or that he could show. drug dealer? burgler? bank robber? :o

Edited by jstumbo

Gunnyd,

Thanks again

confuse confuse

The purpose of the K-3 Non Immigrant visa is to skip the line of all of the other I-130 petitions being processed. No she will not need to show intent to return to Thailand. The K-3 was created to keep families together while they wait for their Resident Alien petition to get processed.

As for sending her money to "prove" that she is your "real" wife isn't necessary. It is not about money, it will be about proving that you are married for love not for immigration purposes. That will happen in the US for her Resident Alien sponsorship. Pictures with her family, joint finances, joint lease agreements, etc. They will interview you both when the time comes at USCIS to determine the validity of the marriage. I have been through their interrogation, it's not too bad. But money in itself is not the deciding factor. Any evidence that you can show that you are cohabitating with your wife, like your passport, plane tickets, etc. The more things you can bring to show you together with her the better. It will help to send money if it is a series of receipts showing ongoing support over time will help, and if it is a joint bank account in LOS that will be better.

Good luck with your endeavors, It seems like a mountain that you need to climb, but as long as you fill out the forms, pay the fees and follow all of the directions you can get it done. It will take time get everything processed, so go out and get a stable job and residence.

GunnyD

Good luck! There is no way the US Immigration ( Embassy) will allow a visa. They do not want two indigents back in the US. I tried ,From the US, to get a fiance visa for my wife for 18 months...I moved to thailand and was able to get a 30 Day Tourist Visa for her...but with the caution, that she MUST return to Thailand within the 30 days. Also...are you really Married...Thai Certificate of Marriage?

I have no job

I own nothing

My thai wife has no job

:o

Thanks

FACT IS YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE SPOUCE VISA

YOU HAVE TO PROVE MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP,

WHERE YOU STAY AND HOW YOU SUPPORT WIFE

YOU GET YOUR SPONCERS TO SEND MONEY BUT YOU NEED MORE THAN THAT!$$$$

What's with the screaming? I have already given the information the OP needs. I have sponsored my wife to the US. And if was all about money there would be many more Resident Alien applications approved.

It is not about money. You have to prove that it is a relationship based on love, not an arrangement to get a Resident Alien card. There is much more emphasis on that then money. All that is required financial wise is $17200 a year income and even this is not necessary if you get a co-sponsor. USCIS just wants to make sure your spouse or relative will not become a financial burden on the government. Part of the application includes signing an affidavit that you and/or your co-sponsor will be financially responsible for 5 years after they become Resident Aliens.

My husband and I were both quite young when we got married, I had graduated from University and left the country. He had no assets in his name in Thailand, I had some money but no house and no job in the US. My parents had a house, jobs etc and sponsored him stating that we would be living with them while in the US and that they would take care of all financial issues while we were there. They had to show evidence of the house and job.

We had been living together in Thailand for about a year or so before we applied, so that may have helped.

Anyway, this was all a very long time ago, so perhaps things have changed. But, it did work for us. He got the green card but I had to apply in the US as I was on a tourist visa in Thailand.

It is not about money. You have to prove that it is a relationship based on love, not an arrangement to get a Resident Alien card. There is much more emphasis on that then money. All that is required financial wise is $17200 a year income and even this is not necessary if you get a co-sponsor. USCIS just wants to make sure your spouse or relative will not become a financial burden on the government. Part of the application includes signing an affidavit that you and/or your co-sponsor will be financially responsible for 5 years after they become Resident Aliens.

When my fiance from China got her fiance visa, i did not even have a job. I had not had a job for a year and was taking time off between jobs. My mother co-signed the support documents.

It is all about proving a real relationship.

If you can get your financial situation in order, it seems that doing a DCF (Direct Consular Filing) will be much quicker. You would have to prove that you have been living in Thailand for 6 months. Currently the K3 processing times have increased substantially here in the US for K1 and K3 visas. This is due to a major spike in filings last Summer. It seems to be receding a little now. You would be looking at roughly 270 days if filed in the US, depending on the US service center where the petition is handled. I think this was covered in another post, but you can get a co-sponsor in the US to cover the financial requirements. Also keep in mind divorce does not free you of financial responsibility once she is in the US. Check the link below for the current processing times. Also, you do not need to have an I-130 approval for the K3 to be issued, although this sometimes happens before the K3 is issued.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k3historical

Hope this helps.

OP,

I am a 28 year old american who just brought his thai wife and toddler to SFO for the first time on monday (CR1 visa). The process took us a while due to the fact i was saving for all the fee's involved. I was lucky enough to have a family member sponsor wifey. The decision is based on the marriage as long as the MINIMUM financial requirements are met.

Signed up for temp agencies before coming back and had my ass in the office on tuesday worked on wednesday. It is possible...anything is possible. But goddam i miss thailand already.

Edited by joeyswags

Thanks for asking Scott,

It was registered at the Amphur in her village..

I tell you guys who have never married in a real Thai marriage its a life long experience.. From 4am untill the end of the day.. These people its sincerity and if i did not show sincerity(and gift hehe) never would i be allowed to marry this wonderful women..