Pimples

mrt273nva

I had acne when I was a teenager but now it has returned. This time however I have quite a bit on my scalp. I'm wondering if it is some kind of bacterial infection that needs to be treated. If so, how do I go about treating it (other than the normal medical shampoos)?

I had acne when I was a teenager but now it has returned. This time however I have quite a bit on my scalp. I'm wondering if it is some kind of bacterial infection that needs to be treated. If so, how do I go about treating it (other than the normal medical shampoos)?

If the area with acne is warmer than usual to the touch, redness (more than is usually accompanied by acne), if you have fever, or swelling, then you should seek medical attention from a dermatologist. Otherwise treatment with medicated shampoo, then after thoroughly washing the area, then apply benzoyl peroxide 10% cream to the affected area.

I go through the same thing every time I go home to Arizona for over a month and then return to LOS. Because of the change in humidity it takes your oil glands time to adjust. I spend about three weeks covered in extra grease. This is my personal experience, please see a dermatologist if you feel the need.

GunnyD