Anyone Had This Email Yet?

funfun

Hi i got this this morning, dont know how they got my email address, anyone know anything about it or have recieved one?

came from Norman bang ([email protected])

cc to

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

chris

Sawadee krub.

I want each of you to read the story i had wrote and put on the net about how my X-Thai wife Lied to me about wanting a good family,, but was actually a thai prostitute that used me to come to USA andused me to get a visa/green card too.

http://www.geocities.com/norman_bang/ABOUT_SOONTAREE.html

Get ready to be shock as you read the letter she wrote to my sister.

Norman

"but was actually a thai prostitute"

go on, ya Kidding!!! :o

anyone know owt about it or know maybe the mailing list is from let us know please

cheers

chris

Since all the email addresses begin "CH.....", I would think he has bought a list of email addresses from someone and is sending his message to 30 of them at a time.

It must be one he.ll of a long list if there are 30 beginning "CH". He is clearly quite upset about his situation. :o

Avoid this like the plague.

When you receive an email where the addressee list are all consecutive or start with same letters etc - it is SPAM and generated by professional spammers.

My advice is DO NOT try that link again either - you'll either get more spam or they will have a nasty cookie which wil sit on your computer and direct more rubbish your way.

Delete it, or better still if your ISP allows it report it as spam so it can be blocked...

Avoid this like the plague.

When you receive an email where the addressee list are all consecutive or start with same letters etc - it is SPAM and generated by professional spammers.

My advice is DO NOT try that link again either - you'll either get more spam or they will have a nasty cookie which wil sit on your computer and direct more rubbish your way.

Delete it, or better still if your ISP allows it report it as spam so it can be blocked...

Of course it is Spam, but it's certainly not professional. And the link is to a geocities site, so you will not have any problems with looking at it. He has obviously achieved his goal as the URL was down due to exceeding his bandwidth when I looked.

It makes me laugh the level of paranoia some people suffer from. You think everything you receive in your inbox must be a virus, trojan etc. Sure if there is a dubious attachment or link then don't open it, but geocities (ie Yahoo)? Please. :o

I knew a spammer a few years ago that had a piece of software in which you entered a keyword, and it would crawl every site on the internet that contained that keyword, extracting any email addresses that were not in secure databases. He used to harvest about 500k emails running it overnight. He's been shut down now thank god, but goes to show there are infinite ways to get hold of your email address.

I looked at the "site" and found some ridiculous story ...

Particularly this (quotation) :

The Baldheaded freak Knows that Soontaree is married,, but don't care. He can be sued and will be sued for having a relationship with a married woman.

:o:D :D :D

Edited by MengWan

Of course it is Spam, but it's certainly not professional. And the link is to a geocities site, so you will not have any problems with looking at it. He has obviously achieved his goal as the URL was down due to exceeding his bandwidth when I looked.

It makes me laugh the level of paranoia some people suffer from. You think everything you receive in your inbox must be a virus, trojan etc. Sure if there is a dubious attachment or link then don't open it, but geocities (ie Yahoo)? Please. :o

Glad to be of some amusement to you there sweetchariot - not too patronising there eh? Not everyone on the forum has your level of savvy with these sorts of things...

I knew a spammer a few years ago that had a piece of software in which you entered a keyword, and it would crawl every site on the internet that contained that keyword, extracting any email addresses that were not in secure databases. He used to harvest about 500k emails running it overnight. He's been shut down now thank god, but goes to show there are infinite ways to get hold of your email address.

while the email the OP refers to may not have been done by a 'professional' spammer (perhaps my choice of word there earlier could have been better) what you just said here about this spammer you knew harvesting 'about 500k emails' overnight certainly wasn't an amateur effort

Now excuse me while I go and look for all the viruses and trojans which have arrived in my inbox...

:D

Edited by SeaVisionBurma