Here Comes The Army!

chevykanteve

Army to relocate troops next week

(BangkokPost.com) - The Army will be moving troops between Bangkok and Lop Buri from Monday to Friday, spokesmen said on Saturday, and the public should not be concerned at seeing tanks on the streets.

The routes which the troops are expected to take include Rama VI, Vibhavadi Rangsit Highway and Phahon Yothin Road.

The army said it apologises for any inconvenience this may cause, although the chief problem likely will be rumours and concern that a coup is under way or being planned.

Amazing Thailand...

Perhaps the only country where the army must give official notice that they are not planning a coup whenever they want to move tanks from one place to another.

Dfinitely never a dull moment in Thailand.

The army has been moving large numbers of troops and equipment down here in Prachin Buri for the last two weeks. Don't know where they were going. They didn't make any prior announcement about it either.

Just as chevykanteve says...if the generals say "no coup" then there will be no coup. Got that ?

Amazing Thailand...

Perhaps the only country where the army must give official notice that they are not planning a coup whenever they want to move tanks from one place to another.

Move tanks on major roads near/within the country's capital?? And during an especially sensitive political time?

Edited by chevykanteve

Amazing Thailand...

Dfinitely never a dull moment in Thailand.

The army has been moving large numbers of troops and equipment down here in Prachin Buri for the last two weeks. Don't know where they were going. They didn't make any prior announcement about it either.

Just as chevykanteve says...if the generals say "no coup" then there will be no coup. Got that ?

Actually, come to think of it, the same thing happened in Prachin Buri just before the last coup.

But there will definitely be no coup this time, for sure.

Hmmm....what date was Thaksin leaving Thailand again ?

Why are they going north? I thought they needed them down south?

They might get shot at if they go south....or too far north, for that matter.

Yeah - last time the Thai's tried anything they got their <deleted> kicked by the Lao

The shittiest army in South East Asia

Yeah - last time the Thai's tried anything they got their <deleted> kicked by the Lao

Much safer to stay in Bangkok and collect flowers and teddy bears from the people. Better photo opportunities too.

Same mentality when trying to fight inflation by ordering everybody to keep their prices down. :o

There will be no coup - even if there is one, which there isn't - it will be labelled "just hitting the reset switch, coup, what coup?" :D

Hey, Soundman. we're practically neighbours !

Just a fifteen minute drive. :o

There have been substancial troop movements - tank conveys etc past our place in the last couple of weeks. Both in-bound and outbound from Bkk. Not entirely un-usual though.

Just a fifteen minute drive. :o

There have been substancial troop movements - tank conveys etc past our place in the last couple of weeks. Both in-bound and outbound from Bkk. Not entirely un-usual though.

I work in Non See and drive through Kabin Buri every day.

The army movements I saw were along the Sa Kaow / Kabin Buri / Prachantakham / Nakon Nayok route. From there they could easily have been going to Lop Buri, or just closer to Bangkok.

Just a fifteen minute drive. :D

I work in Non See and drive through Kabin Buri every day.

The army movements I saw were along the Sa Kaow / Kabin Buri / Prachantakham / Nakon Nayok route. From there they could easily have been going to Lop Buri, or just closer to Bangkok.

Haha. My house is in Non See.

A couple of us go out on the occasional Monday evening. Drop us a PM if you feel like a beer after work one day. :D

Yeah - the tank convoys usually are going from the Srakaew base to either Nakon Nayok or Lopburi or occasionally to show off in the northern sub-burbs of BKK especially when there is no coup! :o

Very strange, and there was me tinking "Cobra Gold" was held in May.

Could be this Army “Mid-term” Re-shuffle that is in the news lately. Having said that, troops need to change around as they wish to see their loved ones also.

Kan is quite at this time, but should the "Kan Rangers" :o move and we see them, will report back.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Guest Bellini
Here Comes The Army!, Coup d'etat lew plough???

What is a lew plough? I've heard of hammering swords into ploughs but have never heard of a lew plough.

lol, "lew plough" ... I've always thought chevy was a pro Taksin Thai person before, now I'm not so sure. Of course, given how bad the Thai transliteration system is, he could still be.

Much safer to stay in Bangkok and collect flowers and teddy bears from the people. Better photo opportunities too.

My favorite memory from the last coup were the lovely pictures of the go-go girls straddling the big guns on the tanks surrounding the government offices, while the tank commanders stood by with huge grins on their faces (the grins were ordered). Shortly after the pics were published, an order came down that go-go girls would not be allowed on the tanks anymore. Ah generals...they just won't let their troops have fun.

Army to relocate troops next week

(BangkokPost.com) - The Army will be moving troops between Bangkok and Lop Buri from Monday to Friday, spokesmen said on Saturday, and the public should not be concerned at seeing tanks on the streets.

The routes which the troops are expected to take include Rama VI, Vibhavadi Rangsit Highway and Phahon Yothin Road.

The army said it apologises for any inconvenience this may cause, although the chief problem likely will be rumours and concern that a coup is under way or being planned.

Maybe they are having an 'exercise', practising for the next coup.