Cancel Ais Mobile Phone

jingjog

I have already about 5 years my mobile phone from AIS and payed monthly 500 Bath +VAT+calls.

One year ago I left Phuket , when my workpermit was cancelled and I returned to Europe, to make money.

Before I left, I wanted to cancel my AIS subscription, but it wasn´t possible on Phuket.

They claimed to do it in Surat Thani or in Had Yai main office. But there wasn´t time enough to do so.

What can happen to me, when I return to LOS?

I´m not sure, when I ´ll return, but I´d rather know, what can happen.

Of course I don´t want to pay for years for a not used service.

I saw this in another thread:

My friend (well, maybe not really friend) did leave Thailand for business reasons rather quickly, and did leave me his AIS GPRS sim and Sierra PCMCIA card with the invoices etc., asking me to cancel it or do whatever I want with it. I was tempted to use it myself, because he has an 800 baht/month contract for unlimited usage !!! which seems to be still valid, even if it is older than one year now.

All invoices indeed have a total of 800 baht, plus taxes, all charges for more usage have been deducted again

I did not really need it, so I did almost forget about it. When I then went to AIS, they asked for the last 3 months, 800 baht x 3, plus taxes. Well, latest then I decided that I do not want it, and informed them to cancel it, because the owner is out of the country, and most probably not coming back.

They refused. They said it has to get paid first. They said I can go with my passport to the AIS office in the former world trade center, and make a declaration about the owner being gone, and then pay the open amount, and then they would close it.

I told them that I would certainly not pay anything. The answer was that then they do not close it. My remark that then they would probably end up sometime in the future with an open invoice of 2 millions baht, and never a payment, did make them smile. And confirming, yes, that will be it.

What should I do? :o

• 2 weeks later...

I believe AIS has already disconnected your phone. Usually, they disconnect the signal when (I think) two bills haven't been paid for. After the signal has been cut off, they will keep your number for some time - which I don't remember. Then, if all the bills haven't been paid yet, your number's gone. And they will start hunting you down to get the payment.

Maybe you can try to contact them through their website. Get them check all the bills. And pay by credit card.

Hope it helps.