From 'invoice' Only To Fully Registered Green Book

LivinLOS

Whats the process ?? Is there a definate system that can be calculated ??

Or is it a tea money and grey system that can bleed off a good value ??

A thai told me 1000 baht per cc so 40k baht on a 400.. Dont know if he meant legally it was this or that was how much he could get it done.

A thai told me 1000 baht per cc so 40k baht on a 400.. Dont know if he meant legally it was this or that was how much he could get it done.

i think if the tax etc has been paid and you have all the details/paperwork for the bike then it works out roughly 1000 bt per cc......not sure it is legal officially...but you get a book!!!

Well you can get forged books cheaper.. They are ok to tax a bike but no good for sale.. Not interested in that. Its legit or nothing.

The fella selling it said 1000bht per cc was the cost. 40k on this bike.

I am kinda interested in knowing the process also.

i think if the tax etc has been paid and you have all the details/paperwork for the bike then it works out roughly 1000 bt per cc......not sure it is legal officially...but you get a book!!!

40k sounds about right, but surely that's 100 baht per cc... Unless the Thai is on commission!

LOL yeah messed the numbers..

But what is the process ?? Is it a fixed scale in a legit situation or is it a 'see how much you can squeeze this farang' ??

Also once paid and the book issued is it fully legal and 100% not something that can come back and bite me at resale later ??

Thats fits the formula..

Found a farang that claims to have recently done a 100% clean new (not recycled) and fully legal green book and plate for 20k. Thats for the exact same bike in BKK also.

No one has a contact in a bike shop that can sort out the taxes for books ?? Wonder if Red Baron or others would have a service.

A 'book' and license plate for 1000/cc?? I'd go for it, as i have an outlaw yahama tw200 and if it is true....please post contact of fixer preferably or procedure.

and invoices are needed of course. in the paperwork that i received with my bike, the engine number is listed separately, but nowhere in the 15 or more papers could i find the frame #. may be a problem there????

If the formula is 100 baht per cc, starting from zero, that makes a 250cc bike very expensive, 15 years ago - and maybe the only price not affected by inflation. Speaking of large bikes, I know a guy with a Thai-made Honda Phantom 1000 twin (a one liter engine) who swears his book was legit and cheap, but the clerk registered it as 10,000 cc!

OK so far spoken to a few 'handlers'..

For a 400cc bike.. fully legal.. including emmisions test and everything.. the total 100% clean cant argue with it.. 55k

For a grey book (alter frame numbers to match) which is dodgy but can be bought and sold and transfer provinces.. 20 - 30k

For a pure forgery.. Cannot take to gov offices, names are changed at sale by the forger adding a new name.. Price given after I go speak with him.

Not sold on any of them.. 55k makes the bike over priced and anything less than that increases the risk factor until alternatives that are legit become more appealing.

OK so far spoken to a few 'handlers'..

For a 400cc bike.. fully legal.. including emmisions test and everything.. the total 100% clean cant argue with it.. 55k

For a grey book (alter frame numbers to match) which is dodgy but can be bought and sold and transfer provinces.. 20 - 30k

For a pure forgery.. Cannot take to gov offices, names are changed at sale by the forger adding a new name.. Price given after I go speak with him.

Not sold on any of them.. 55k makes the bike over priced and anything less than that increases the risk factor until alternatives that are legit become more appealing.

In pattaya i have had 2 of my bikes registered for 25k each, one had import papers for the engine And chassis, the other had nothing, as a matter of fact for that money it will be a cloned deal with a smaller thai bike as one of mine was a 225 cc and the book said 150 ! , import paperwork is not needed for that kind of book,went to cambodia on both many times with no problems,

That sounds like the 'grey book' option..

I should point out also that grey book can be variable quality from exactly the right bike, age, model, color, through to any and all of these being wrong. The more wrong they are the more chance of getting caught at a later province change or ownership change.

I would think almost a majority of big bikes are on grey books ??

Your also right in that the 55k quote was to legalize a 400 when both the frame and engine had tax paid import papers.. I didnt ask if he could quote what it would be without them because to be honest adding 55k to the price of a 400 already makes it non viable.

Well for 30k you get a nice scooter with legal book and plates... :o

All the bikes are second hand anyways so why not go for a bike that has book ready with couple of years history in DLT.

For me it was enough to see that all details were correct in the book and i got it transferred under my name without problems. Also took it few times for annual check in DLT without any problems.

Legit or not at least i'm confident i can sell it some day.

I would go for second hand bike already registered with the book where all details are matching with the actual bike. Even better if there is already one or two owner changes in the book.

But it will cost money, not that unusual to pay 40 to 50k for 400cc CB book and still you never know.... :o

But at least you are with the rest of us who paid for the half legal book... :D

I have a lot of options.. Loads of bikes out there if you will travel..

Saw a cosmetically rough CB1 today for 40k with books.. Know of a gem of a CB1 with books for 60.. Just really really like an almost new bandit 400 with invoice only for 45 - 50k.. If I could do bent books for 15 - 20 I would go that way.. But bent books for 30+ or real books for 55 make it not worthwhile.. However much thats the one my heart wants.

Am leaning to the clean CB1..

That is unless anyones got a book contact cheaper than the ones I have found.

They used to register the bikes though Rayong however in January they moved the officers taking bribes and now the new guys wont do it...

Paid 65000 for new book for a 2003, 1000cc bike. Wanted to register my second bike and paid my deposit of Baht 25000.... December came but no book... January came and the guy told me.. sorry Mr. Lemond... officers been moved around, we are now looking for other places in Thailand to get your book.. still waiting till today. But at least he gave me my deposit back.

He told me he would be able to do it again in April... so should I hear back and being succesfull with the second bike registration I will post more details.