Car Bodywork And Respray

haybilly

Anyone know a good auto body prep/repair shop and respray set up in Chiang Mai--I just need to tidy it up-properly, as I was planning on upgrading later this year, cash permitting. I don't want to pay too much but equally I don't want it to look like my 6 year old daughter did it--good and reasonably priced--too much to ask?

Anyone know a good auto body prep/repair shop and respray set up in Chiang Mai--I just need to tidy it up-properly, as I was planning on upgrading later this year, cash permitting. I don't want to pay too much but equally I don't want it to look like my 6 year old daughter did it--good and reasonably priced--too much to ask?

The Honda dealership on the super highway have the best panel / paint shop in Chiang Mai. It's one of only 3 that have a paint oven. First class repairs, not sure about "cheap charlie" though. :o

The Honda dealership on the super highway have the best panel / paint shop in Chiang Mai. It's one of only 3 that have a paint oven. First class repairs, not sure about "cheap charlie" though. :o

I can second that. A while ago some clown ran into the rear of my Honda, and made a nice old mess. They repaired and resprayed it, and had it looking like a new car. Brilliant paint match, and not a trace of "overspray" anywhere. First class, and not expensive either.

I was going to refit my rear bumper since its not alligned, but then someone bumped my front one, the scratch isn't enough to care about and now I have two misalligned bumpers. While I would be really pissed off in the US over a small scratch, here I find driving a cheaper car (2000 non vtec civic) a boon, cause I would feel like an idiot to buy a nice car only to have it hit by morons who recently traded in their buffalo for a pickup or car...

Though my wife's sister went to the honda dealership and you can't tell a difference from the fix from a showroom model.

• 1 year later...

I believe there are several Honda dealerships along the length of the Superhighway. Moreover, some people consider Mahidon road to be part of the Super, so it's not exactly clear to me where this dealership is. I know this is a bit of an old post, but can anyone clarify exactly which dealership we're talking about here?

I believe there are several Honda dealerships along the length of the Superhighway. Moreover, some people consider Mahidon road to be part of the Super, so it's not exactly clear to me where this dealership is. I know this is a bit of an old post, but can anyone clarify exactly which dealership we're talking about here?

I assume they are talking about the dealership on the superhighway which is at the Nongpacheep (spelt something like that) underpass. The junction with the superhighway and the San Kamphaeng road. Heading South from the junction on the superhighway, it's a few hundred metres from the lights on the left before the slip road joins the highway proper. However we had our Jazz repaired at the other Honda dealership on the Hangdong Road (between Lotus and Big C). An amazing job, would never had known.

regards Bojo

Samankanchang Auto Body Express, closer to the city, does excellent work. Several of the dealers send cars here for bodywork.

Samankanchang Auto Body Express ( สมานการช่าง )

86 Chiang Mai-Lamphun Rd., Wat Gate, Muang, Chiang Mai, THAILAND. Tel. 053.249.250, 053.249.251 Fax. 053.249.252 Hot line: 081.699.9906

From Narawat Bridge, going south with the Ping river on the right hand side, go left at the Rim Ping Supermarket, then make the first right. The shop is a couple of hundred meters p the road, next to Classic Karaoke.

Even though their website: www.samankanchang.com is mostly in Thai, they speak fluent English at the shop.

HTH.

I'll back up el jefe's recommendation. That shop does work of all kinds and they just replaced our clutch for a great price. I think the body shop there is the busiest in Chiang Mai, so they have had time to get their processes perfected.

If you call the Hotline number el jefe provided, that connects you up with a fellow (and company owner) named Jess. He speaks fluent English and is a great guy.

~

We have one that we have used a couple of times and I am not only totally impressed with their work but their prices are embarrassingly low. Located just off Hangdong Road just below the airport and ring road and I will be happy to provide exact directions via PM if you ask.

We had two: a pickup that crunched our front grille and buckled the hood - 3000 Baht total for repairs - the dealer wanted way over 20k.

I was forced off the road, which I chose over a head-on collision with a huge truck, and a driveway stone column crunched in the left rear door so badly the window and opening mechanism were jammed and the damage went all the way down the rear quarter-panel. 7000 Baht and a friend from the States who does body work could not find evidence of damage nor that the whole back quarter had been resprayed. You wouldn't know it to look at the shop but these guys are GOOD!

Heres something I never knew and still don't understand. We gave our car to my Sis in law when we left. And she simply told the insurance there were some scratches and wanted a repaint, and they did!

i have been told it looks brand new. if you have a Thai wife or GF ask them about this and see if it affects your insurance cost etc.

a few questions

1. will the honda shop do this work for other makes of car?

2. i have a black mazda with several scratches and grazes. would it correct to assume that black is even easier to do a really good renovation on than other colours?

3. can the final finish by these people match the quality of the manufacturer's finish?

Black A,

Your insurance costs will almost certainly go up when you have claims.

Well it would in the US, it would go up pretty immediatly. But with how to game is played here I wonder if people could jump companies after the year and avoid it. Like I said, I left as it was filed.