Report Residency.

According to my work permit, I have to report my residency on October 2nd which is a Sunday. I live near the Thonglor BTS station. Where do I go? What documents other than my WP do I need and since October 2nd is on a Saturday can I report any time this week or the following week?

I beleive you can go as much as 5 days before your

due date.

The Immigration office is in Suan Plu right next to the

Police Station in the Satorn section of town.

You can take the subway to Lumpini and get a taxi

to get you there in 3 minutes.

It can be walked to from Sala Daeng BTS stop

down Covent Road and across the highway bridge,

but that is a good 20 minute walk.

Reported elsewhere on this forum was that you have seven days grace to report your residency.

i.e. seven days before or after expiration date

This is correct for the 90 day address report but poster says it has something to do with his work permit so not sure that is what he is talking about or not. He does not need a work permit to report address.

If it is the normal 90 days address report you can do it in room 401 of the mentioned immigration office.

According to my work permit, I have to report my residency on October 2nd which is a Sunday. I live near the Thonglor BTS station. Where do I go? What documents other than my WP do I need and since October 2nd is on a Saturday can I report any time this week or the following week?

I have the same problem, I am a teacher in Songkhla, but living in Hat Yai (about 40 kms. away).

I would need to report right in the middle of the the school holidays. My school did report my residential address already at Immigration in Songkhla.

So, can I report after another 90 days (in October) to my local Immigration office in Hat Yai (same province, but different city), or do I have to travel all the way (80 kms.) to the Immigration office where my address was reported for the first time?? :o

I have the same problem, I am a teacher in Songkhla, but living in Hat Yai (about 40 kms. away).

I would need to report right in the middle of the the school holidays. My school did report my residential address already at Immigration in Songkhla.

So, can I report after another 90 days (in October) to my local Immigration office in Hat Yai (same province, but different city), or do I have to travel all the way (80 kms.) to the Immigration office where my address was reported for the first time?? :o

Any immigration office can be used and you can also do by mail by requesting form tm.47 and instructions from 90 Days Registration, Room 401, Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 - should be mailed one week or more prior to due date.

I really think that I could find time for the 30 minute trip to Songkhla myself. :D

Whilst browsing through this particular post the questions of "do I really need to" "its inconvenient" "what happens if I don't" etc - this topic has been discussed many times and the good advice "Yes You Need To" "Read the requirements on the TM? arrival card" etc have been given and regiven.

Earlier this week I was at the immigration office in Soi Suan Plu on a totally unrealted matter but had cause to visit room 401.

The young lady in charge was very nice and extremely helpful Also she emphaised several times the requirement to report my address every 90 days.(by whatever means).

She was not nasty in any way, always smiling but believe me she meant the message every 90 days!!! :o

Sounds a bit inconvenient.  They expect you to mail in your passport!?  Or just the form?    Anyone been fined yet for not following this rule?

:o

No.

No.

Yes.

:D

So what do they expect you to mail in with your form? I have a few family friends from Taiwan looking to resettle here currently doing this 90 day thing in person.

Sounds a bit inconvenient.   They expect you to mail in your passport!?   Or just the form?     Anyone been fined yet for not following this rule?

:o

No.

No.

Yes.

So what do they expect you to mail in with your form? I have a few family friends from Taiwan looking to resettle here currently doing this 90 day thing in person.

Believe they will provide a list with the form.

1 copy tm.6 arrival card ((not on list but believe required))

1 copy photo page passport

1 copy page containing most recent entry visa

original of most recent 90 day registration receipt

original of new 90 day registration receipt (signed)

stamped self - addressed envelope

Interesting. Is this handout new? The one provided three months ago in English did not say every page and is as I posted and the official Division 3 website (which is old) does not say every page. But at least you don't have to worry about definition of "last visa" being a real visa or extension of stay stamp in this case. :o

On correction (I believe - not going to say anything is for sure for sure) is that it requires copies of all pages used up to last entry but does not require those beyond that to be copied.

Edited by lopburi3

And for a September 17th view from thaiimmigration.com

You’ll need following if you do it by mail:

1. A TM47 form, which can be obtained either at your local Immigration Office or downloaded from here: http://www.thaiimmigration.com/apf/TM47

2. A copy of following pages in your passport:

a. The page with picture

b. The page with your latest visa

c. The page with your latest extension

d. The page where your arrival card (TM6) is attached (which might be one of upper mentioned pages)

REMEMBER SIGNATURE ON ALL COPIES.

3. Two envelopes:

a. On the first you write the address of the nearest Immigration Office

(List can be found here: http://www.imm3.police.go.th/eng/imm_border.htm)

b. On the second you write you own address

4. Two stamps (one for each envelope)

5. The original 90 days slip attached in your passport. (Remove it from the passport. DONT MAIL YOU PASSPORT).

6. Put everything mentioned upper in the envelope you have addressed for the Immigration Office (except one of the stamps of course, which you have to attach outside on the envelope).

7. Mail it.

8. Yes, you can use ordinary mail, registered mail, or EMS. Up to you how brave you are.

Interesting.  Is this handout new?  The one provided three months ago in English did not say every page and is as I posted and the official Division 3 website (which is old) does not say every page.  But at least you don't have to worry about definition of "last visa" being a real visa or extension of stay stamp in this case. :o

On correction (I believe - not going to say anything is for sure for sure) is that it requires copies of all pages used up to last entry but does not require those beyond that to be copied.

Got this paper in Oct. last year (they did not have an English version on hand at the time).

"all pages", as I understand it, means "all used pages" from the first page (photo page) to the latest visa page.

This is what I've been sending them ever since notification by mail was possible and it always worked.

Rm 401 always returns all copies I mailed in, together with a new TM47 form and the new notification slip. If no changes have been made in the PP the same copies can be used again for the next 90-day reporting.

One important thing which has been pointed out to me by staff in RM 401 is that each and every page of a photo copy has to be signed by the applicant!!!

opalhort

lopburi,

you posted your reply while I was working on my posting (I'm pretty slow sometimes).

What you list is of course correct as of now, but I strongly suggest to use only EMS to mail the papers!

Regular mail, at least in our area, has become VERY unreliable since the privatization of the postal service.

EMS on the other hand is now better than ever.

opalhort

lopburi,

you posted your reply while I was working on my posting (I'm pretty slow sometimes).

What you list is of course correct as of now, but I strongly suggest to use only EMS to mail the papers!

Regular mail, at least in our area, has become VERY unreliable since the privatization of the postal service.

EMS on the other hand is now better than ever.

opalhort

Agree that at least registered mail should be used; although I have not seen any new mail problems here in Bangkok. But then not too dependent on it either.

Good point on signing copies as my handout did not mention that.