Westerner And Thai Boy...

Ch@mp P.

Ah two nations separated only by a common language. I still don't know what "######" means.

As explanation, but not apology, but in compliance with a sensibile request lest the straights reading these posts think us paedophiles, in the U.S. gay men are universally referred to as "boys", regardless of age. (How's that for complex syntax, Champ!}

Example "Boys in the Band" involved only adults.

In fact, it may even be a "code world" for gay men. However, among gays, especially those looking for alpha males, they are quite insistent in using the word "man".

I have adopeted the name "My Thai" in many posts, especially in other forums towards the end that the straights would direct their attention to what I was saying, as opposed to concentrating on my relationship with a Thai male pushing 40.

"Gay girls" was a favorite term of mine in the U.S. until a number of adverse reactions were received from "lesbian women" who resent being called "gay"

My guess, inorder to be polically correct, in the U.S., one should refer to homosexual persons as "gay men" or "lesbians" as the case may be.

As an aside, when I asked my Thai if he ever had sex with his very effiminate best friend, he replied "I don't like lesbian sex". "Sisters" to the core!! lol.

I agree with PTExpat...

In the USA - in the gay world - the term boy and "boi" can refer to anyone 18 to.... whenever-he-stops-looking-youngish-and-cute! :o

In MANY personal ads in the USA guys 20+ and 30+ commonly refer to themselves as boy or "boi..." I could cut and paste some...

"hngbeachboi".. (he's 35)

"uniqueboi" (he's 27) Ad says: wassup Im a sexy Dark Chocolate Boi on the chicago west side (austin area) looking for frienship,Possibly relationship. Kewl down to earth person. Me, Im just me fun outgoing,romantic guy.

I've been messaged by guys 40+ who want to meet me, who STILL refer to themselves as a "boy"...!! Jeez.

Now maybe it's that gay ageist thing again.. (see the other Topics).. they want to give you the impression that they're still young and attractive and therefore desirable- so as not to be totally ignored.! :D

Also, in case you haven't noticed, Thai guys 18+ almost ALWAYS refer to themselves as a ThaiBoy...

But, for the sake of PC, and so as not to raise any concerns of paedophilia.., I will try and call them Thai Guys in future.

ChrisP

Edited by ChrisP