Shirtless Ferangs

misterman21

The whiners in this thread have the tone of the woman in this other thread.

I think we could try some "aversion therapy" on all of you "ugly bashers". I'll just get about 20 thousand "large" people, who are also deemed "ugly" by your standards & allow them to wander the streets of Pattaya 24 hours a day. Within a week or 2, most of you will not even notice them.

Or we could have a "Mr Farang - Pattaya 2008" whereby every single one of you whiners will be forced to enter & parade on a public stage, semi naked, before being judged by the audience. Should there be weight classes in this contest?

Who's going to provide the "spew" buckets?

Too late - they're already here! :D:o

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people should be taking off shirts in public, except while sitting at the beach. I don't understand the idea that if you are young and cut it's ok, but older and fatter not ok. That is completely ridiculous.

Nobody said cut - but in general a young body is inoffensive. Whilst old and wrinkly and flabby is offensive and an assault on peoples senses!

My GF gets upset with the whole shirtless parade as most of the older men have BIGGER boobs on them compared to what she carries around! :o

Thai culture? This is the same culture where the men wore nothing but a sarong until a couple of generations ago? The same culture where concubines and dancers were completely topless?

Repeat after me: Conservatism in Thailand is a hypocrisy and has nothing at all to do with 'Thai Culture'.

Agreed.

And what I don't get is this supposition that "you'll never see a Thai in public with no shirt on". Really? Whoever said that has clearly not been down any back sois in bangkok then - any time you go a couple of sois away from a main road, you'll often see groups of Thais hanging out outside someone's shop, house, or whatever and it's very common for there to be one or two shirtless guys among the group.

Similarly, any time you see Thai guys doing any kind of manual work, e.g. unloading a delivery truck, setting up a market stall, fixing a car, etc. it's very common for some of the guys doing the work to be topless while they do it. Obviously it's to help cool down while doing this strenuous work but this talk of 500 Baht fines for being topless in public clearly don't seem to be valid.

The other day I was walking up the steps to a skytrain station and a topless Thai guy came jogging down the steps past me. And there's an old-ish guy who owns a shop round the corner from my apartment who I don't think I've ever seen with a shirt on.

OK, they would never go topless in a bank or supermarket, etc. an seeing farrang doing that is pretty disrespectful, and I saw a farrang sitting topless outside in the KFC at Pantip Plaza not so long ago which was pretty grim, but to suggest that Thais will never be topless in public is not true.

It's like the people who say Thais never go to the beach. A quick trip to Samet, Hua Hin, Jomtien, Koh Chang, etc. on any weekend will soon prove that theory wrong...

But, if I may quote from the beginning of George Orwell's Burmese Days 'the asian does not age as the western man, the asian ripens ... ' (sic) and doesn't turn into some fat flabby hirsute red and white pig. So, please keep your shirts ON!

I don't think people should be taking off shirts in public, except while sitting at the beach. I don't understand the idea that if you are young and cut it's ok, but older and fatter not ok. That is completely ridiculous.

Nobody said cut - but in general a young body is inoffensive. Whilst old and wrinkly and flabby is offensive and an assault on peoples senses!

The girls in pattaya will disagree with you, i often here them saying sexy man to some old git, and ive also heard them say " young man no good " ,So maybe the string vest bridgade are in a supply and demand situation then !, seriously though, i think away from the beach area tops should be covered, i dont like being sat colse to some sweaty sod when im dining, :o .

For 20 Baht many bargirls will give you a quick peek, Pepe.

----------------------

You Pay for That?

Come on I mean the Traditional Thai dress of sarong covered bottom only.

Tops, well let's just hope for a cool breeze.

You didn't realize how fashion conscious I was did you?

Really how long ago was the bare breasted female common... :o

what about the fat <deleted> that take off there shirts in the discos,get up on the raised platforms and dance while there sweat flies everywhere :D ........nice....im ashamed to say a lot of the time they are brits but probably northerners as they have that air of class about them........im buff and even i wouldnt take me top off in a disco..even if it could get me a freebie :D:o

Tattoodrob,

if you took your top of would you be expecting a freebie from one of those "Probably Northeners"?

Not sure what buff means,is that a class you where mentioning?