Hot Cross Buns

kippers

I managed to get some several years ago at an English baker in Bangkok (Next to Sukumvit 33 Villa) but I've never seen them in Pattaya.

Before anyone suggests, I've aready tried all the usual outlets, Foodland, Friendship, Continental bakery etc. I have told all these places that it is a much loved English Easter food and that they surely would sell out and make huge profits, but to no avail.

I have baked my own with reasonable success, but I have become old and lazy as the years pass and now prefer just to buy elsewhere.

If anyboby does have a supplier please let me know as i will do likewise.

My wife has just left for Villa, I have great expectations of success.

Cafe de Paris in Soi Siam Country Club, left hand side coming from Sukhumvit just past the train line.

Not exactly buns, but short baguettes (size of a Subway sandwich), and yes, in the morning they are oven fresh and warm! :o

I think some of you may have the wrong idea as to what a Hot Cross Bun is, it's a British form of a sweet spiced bun that is popular at easter time but is also available year round but is not like bread as it's made with quite a lot of sugar and currants and a mixture of spices called Mixed Spice including cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, cloves, ginger, allspice, coriander from Wikipedia

Mixed spice, also called pudding spice, is a British [1] blend of sweet spices, similar to garam masala. It is often used to complement fruits or other sweet foods.

The term "mixed spice" has been used for this blend of spices in cookbooks at least as far back as 1828[2] and probably much earlier

For people who havent tried a Hot cross bun they are totally delicous.