Does True Have A Problem In Bkk?

opalhort

for the past hour the Internet is down (TRUE BKK Tungkruh), even local sites (I'm on dial-up now).

my son can play some on-line games but nothing else works. his friends apparently have the same problem in BKK but in Samut Prakarn seems OK for a friend there.

any idea where the problem is?

opalhort

I got back about 1400 and unable use browser or outlook to contact - no dns resolution on virtual route program but could connect to open dns ip numbers. Using open DNS did not help in modem/router however. Noticed a new defender update was loaded at noon while away so turned it off and immediately had contact - turned it back on and still had contact. Either I did it at exactly the same time as TRUE restored service or the update caused a hiccup. Am using Vista. Skype was working so know had connection to internet.

But this happened several months ago a couple times so it probably was TRUE again.

Guest Reimar
OK, looks like we are back in business as of the past 5 minutes.

Why can't TRUE send out maintenance notices so we won't have to worry and fumble around with our router and settings.

opalhort

Not expect to much!!

May you download the Prog Sam Spade 1.14 from TV download and you get a lot tools in one for to check your connection.

For me was working the whole day without interrution at Samut Prakarn.

Cheers.

My connection to ToT was fine, but for near hour and 15 ToT had all internet turned off.  I don't mind that much I see it maybe once a month like that.  Always wait 2 hours min. before panic.  Then panic big time. :o

Yes I guess I did panic but this was the first time since we have TRUE ADSL (3 years now) that a cut could not be resolved by a simple router re-start. You never know, our router could have quit.

In general I'm quite happy with our connection, a router re-start is required only about every 3-4 months and speeds are usually around the 80-90% mark of our subscription.

Thanks for all the responses, they reassured me that I'm not the only one who has had trouble.

opalhort