Pattaya Postal Service

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail Newspaper: Dated Friday 21st March 2008

More on the postal system

Dear Sirs,

<snip>

As a former resident of Singapore, Philippines and Japan, I am used to an efficient, trustworthy service. What was interesting is that when the documents from the British Government arrived at my home for completion, the envelope had been slit open, then resealed with tape.

Yours,

Dr John Ronald

I've just had experience of this myself last week.

Also a letter that was correctly addressed went via Kenya, but I'm sure that wasn't the fault of Thailand Post.

I never have a problem receiving my TOT telephone bill or printed bank statements. But greetings cards never arrive and envelopes with contents. Magazines rarely arrive, they are probably dumped because of weight.

Outward post, I have never had a problem, but I always use the Post Office and never send greetings cards in bright coloured envelopes. The most annoying thing to go missing is my frequent-flyer card, which is shaped like a credit card. So even though I am gold I can never get lounge access without it. Anyone have any idea how I can solve that problem?

I guess I might be doing something wrong also, because I have never had any problems with the Thai postal system. All the mail I have sent out has been received, and all the mail that has been sent to me I have received. I even receive my magazines. The most important thing in your address here in Thailand is to be sure your address includes the moo number after your house number and before the soi.

Barry

The Thai Post EMS service is expensive. I think Fed-ex is actually cheaper and a vastly

superior service. I've had good luck sending greeting cards overseas through Thai Post,

first-class /airmail, I never did understand all the classifications. Recently, I also sent

a friend a calendar overseas using this method, we'll see if it arrives, I can see how it

would be easy for simple gift items to disappear. Not yet tried DHL, maybe they are better.

What about the fact that I have 2 different TOT ac's, some months I don't receive either of them.

Some months I receive one or the other, maybe, but always after the date that I can pay at the post office, bank or 7/11.

I have a commercial electricity account, they started sending it registered post, so I might have some chance of getting it before the due date, still didn't happen. so 2 weeks ago they came and changed the metre to include a GPRS transmitter so they can read it on-line, and I can find my bill every month.

Bank statements! I have 8 of the last 12 months.

No idea, what else I've lost

we use TNT or take it our selves.

I sent wedding invites out and nobody recieved them and all complained at not being invited :D

I will never use the Thai postal service again. they are thieving scumbags.

on the up side, I never send birthday cards out and have the perfect excuss :o