Visa In Laos/vientiane/vang Vien

Im going to Laos to get a double entry tourist visa.

Im flying to Udon Thani early saturday 5th april. I would then like to just hand over my passport to a visa agent and then head to Vang Vien to just chill out.

Then head back to Vientiane monday 7th for one night and then get my passport back and then head back on the late flight back to Bangkok from Udon tuesday 8th april.

Thats the plan anyway but i do have a couple of questions.

Is this a viable plan?

Do you know a trustworthy visa agent in Vientiane (maybe one who can also sort out the transfers on the Laos side)?

How much is a double entry visa these days?

Is it easy to get to and from Udon Thani Airport to the border?

Is Vang Vien worth the visit or is there a better place to spend the time without spending to much in traffic.

Wow, that was a lot of questions. Thanks a lot in advance :-)

J

Vientane is a very nice City and good to visit 1 or 2 Days. The Hotels are cleane and on a good price. You dont need any asistent for Visa. Take a Taxi to the border and go to the Embassy and make the Visa youeself very easy and no hassel. The Hotels are not fare from the Embassy and after 1 Day you collect your Visa and go back to Thailand. Have a good trip

Again Sorry you sayd you go on 5 April to Laos. Thats Saturday and the Embassy is closed on Mondaymorning 9AM the open and you collect your Visa on YUsday 1PM and then you can return to Thailand.

April 7th is a Thai Public Holiday. The Embassy will probably be closed.

double-entry TR visa is 2000 THB in vientiane, there is also a minibus from udon airport to friendship bridge, i've been told.

guess you must leave thailand on the 5th as visa expires, not sure whether vang vien is worth a visit, never been there, but i wouldnt recommend a visa agent, just stay in vientiane, not too bad if you've never been there before. (if you still want to use a visa agent just go to what i call vientiane "beach road"/ mekhong riverside, there's at least one agent that advertises to arrange Thai visa, no idea what he charges?)

otherwise, if you'll be back in vientiane on monday 7th anyway (and do not use an agent), just make sure you're at the consulate before 12h, you could pick up your passport on the 8th at 13h and catch your flight to udon (minibus from border to airport). expect long waiting hours at the immigration checkpoint on friendship bridge, last two times i had to wait about 1 1/2 hours :o

good luck!

Im flying to Udon Thani early saturday 5th april. I would then like to just hand over my passport to a visa agent and then head to Vang Vien to just chill out.

Then head back to Vientiane monday 7th for one night and then get my passport back and then head back on the late flight back to Bangkok from Udon tuesday 8th april.

Is this a viable plan?

Do you know a trustworthy visa agent in Vientiane (maybe one who can also sort out the transfers on the Laos side)?

Is Vang Vien worth the visit or is there a better place to spend the time without spending to much in traffic.

J

Is this a viable plan?

J

Advise:

Do NOT use an agent in NongKhai!

Never