Mazda Cx-7

raybkk

post-6014-1206339659_thumb.jpg

Saw some white car driving the Tollway yesterday. Looked pretty amazing. Not knowing what brand it was as I havent seen them before I decided to follow it. Firts thought was that it must be the new audi... Amazingly it was a mazda... It looks pretty cool for a Japanese....

post-6014-1206339659_thumb.jpg

post-6014-1206339981_thumb.jpg

post-6014-1206339996_thumb.jpg

Any idea's what it would cost?

Edited by raybkk

Cars are a rip-off here. What you'd pay for a mid model Toyota Camry in Thailand would get you into the BMW or Mercedes range in the States. It's hard to believe dealerships are charging 500,000 Baht and up for what is essentially a tin can on wheels. I haven't seen more than a handful of cars under one million Baht that are built to the same specs as a decent pickup. Pickups have stronger suspension and the little diesel engines run forever. With the bad roads over here, that's something you need to consider. I don't believe a pickup offers many advantages over a car, but for the price, it's the best buy.

I remember once they ran a detailed comparison, spec by spec, and local Vios turned to be cheaper than UK version. But UK cars are more expensive than the rest of Europe of the US, of course.

Taxes are progressive here - the bigger car you want, the more you have to pay to the government.

• 1 year later...

post-90712-1261205055_thumb.jpg The new car in Thailand is a Mazda CX-9

Price: baht 3,690,000 Engine: 3.7 litre V6 24 valve petrol only Horse Power: 273 Maximum Torque 367nm

The reviews say the car is well built and spacious with a rear parking camera.

More details can be had by looking up Mazda Thailand (has an English facility).

they are 22K and 29k starting for the CX-7 and CX-9 here stateside. Anyone willing to pay a 2-3million Baht mark up can go ahead.

90% of cars are not worth it IMHO, as much as I love my mustang I won't be trying to bring it over or drop close to 5 Million baht for a 2005-2007 GT....

Anytime I see a price i think about what it could buy back home. But that's my 2 Baht.

I saw the cost for the CX-9 in Thailand; pang!!! The top spec here in Oz is about $63k with entry level $50k, plus o/r costs and tax.

They are a very nice suv and you see a lot on the roads here.

The current CX-7 have a diesel that sounds good. Even the base 4 cly model sounds great. Good value for money here.

#

CX-7 - Classic Wagon

$33,990

Model release date: 10 / 2009

Engine Size: 2488cc

Engine type: 4-cylinder

Power: 120kW

Torque: 205Nm

Transmission: 5-speed automatic

Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive

Fuel Economy: 9.4L/100km

Weight: 1600kg

#

CX-7 - Classic Sports Wagon

$38,990

Engine Size: 2261cc

Power: 175kW

Torque: 350Nm

Transmission: 6-speed automatic

Drivetrain: All-wheel drive

Fuel Economy: 11.5L/100km

Weight: 1745kg

#

CX-7 - Diesel Sports Wagon

$43,640

Engine Size: 2183cc

Power: 136kW

Torque: 400Nm

Transmission: 6-speed manual

Fuel Economy: 7.6L/100km

#

CX-7 - Luxury Sports Wagon

$45,990

Engine Size: 2261cc

Power: 175kW

Torque: 350Nm

Transmission: 6-speed automatic

Fuel Economy: 11.5L/100km

they are 22K and 29k starting for the CX-7 and CX-9 here stateside. Anyone willing to pay a 2-3million Baht mark up can go ahead.

90% of cars are not worth it IMHO, as much as I love my mustang I won't be trying to bring it over or drop close to 5 Million baht for a 2005-2007 GT....

Anytime I see a price i think about what it could buy back home. But that's my 2 Baht.

I always think the same - I shudder when I see Thai's driving Mazdas. Okay, the Mazda 2 is reasonable, but the MX-5 and CX-7 take the biscuit. They costs three times as much in LOS whereas back home the MX-5 has a reputation as a gay-hairdresser's ideal car. How has Mazda achieved such brand-appeal in LOS? it simply amazes me.

Haha, I agree but I love the Mx-5. The mazdaspeed Miata is a nice little car, but then again I look at them in two ways.

1. Great SCCA track cars

2. Let's drop a 302 or LS1 in it and see how fast it can go!

The worst part is Thailand won't ever get a detuned Mazdaspeed3. not too hard to drop from 263hp to under 250...