Fishing

mr.buffalo

There being several companies that offer deep sea fishing excursions I was wondering what the uptake would be on a day's fishing by and on the river . Would any TV members be keen for a day's outing to a pleasant spot on the rver bank ,BBQ, all tackle, bait etc included in one price plus a trip up or down stream in a boat for a slow bit of trawling ? We used to have our favourite spots on some of the rivers in Zambia ( not quite the same as Thailand I know I know ) and it was great fun if not somewhat dangerous ,could go into details of croc near misses, leopards trying to steal the " the camp helper " smoking his fish we gave him , snakes... but won't bore you. I am going to be over in May so can probaly do a low season market research excercise but would be grateful for some constructive ideas and thoughts.

This idea has come about due to the fact of redundancies that are just around the corner here in UK and need a plan and that does not include buying a bar , just could not and would not be able to drink that much.

There being several companies that offer deep sea fishing excursions I was wondering what the uptake would be on a day's fishing by and on the river .

Which river? Can't say I've noticed too many of them around Pattaya .......

There being several companies that offer deep sea fishing excursions I was wondering what the uptake would be on a day's fishing by and on the river .

Which river? Can't say I've noticed too many of them around Pattaya .......

Did the OP mention anything about Pattaya? If there are any rivers there I would steer clear, what a dump. :o

I have had some words with local thai guys and they know the spots..

They will just tell you what they think you want to hear :o

Anyway, your best bet would probably be the Kanchanaburi area north of Bangkok

for freshwater fishing.

Naka.

There being several companies that offer deep sea fishing excursions I was wondering what the uptake would be on a day's fishing by and on the river . Would any TV members be keen for a day's outing to a pleasant spot on the rver bank ,BBQ, all tackle, bait etc included in one price plus a trip up or down stream in a boat for a slow bit of trawling ? We used to have our favourite spots on some of the rivers in Zambia ( not quite the same as Thailand I know I know ) and it was great fun if not somewhat dangerous ,could go into details of croc near misses, leopards trying to steal the " the camp helper " smoking his fish we gave him , snakes... but won't bore you. I am going to be over in May so can probaly do a low season market research excercise but would be grateful for some constructive ideas and thoughts.

This idea has come about due to the fact of redundancies that are just around the corner here in UK and need a plan and that does not include buying a bar , just could not and would not be able to drink that much.

Just responded in another fishing thread, try these guys at Seaduction located at the end of WS opposite the Bali hai pier.

They also have info on fresh water fishing

Enjoy and have fun.