"o"marriage, 3rd Renewal, Yet Another Home Visit?

Well, figured since its start of my 4th year here that they would stop doing the yearly visit to the home when i goto renew my o visa for being married to my wife. True that the immig office has had personnel changes since last year, but i was quite surprised to go through the whole "where did you meet your wife" "why are you with your wife" yada yada yada. Then as per previous visits my wife had to draw up a map to the house and was told that yet again officials would come and take notes to check on my given address. Heh, next year; had we brought her back to my country, she'd be a citizen.

Anywhoo, my question goes out to ppl who have been here much longer than me. After 20 years do they still come to the house? Will i be 90years old being asked to recant where i met my wife and where we went when we dated?

Well, figured since its start of my 4th year here that they would stop doing the yearly visit to the home when i goto renew my o visa for being married to my wife. True that the immig office has had personnel changes since last year, but i was quite surprised to go through the whole "where did you meet your wife" "why are you with your wife" yada yada yada. Then as per previous visits my wife had to draw up a map to the house and was told that yet again officials would come and take notes to check on my given address. Heh, next year; had we brought her back to my country, she'd be a citizen.

Anywhoo, my question goes out to ppl who have been here much longer than me. After 20 years do they still come to the house? Will i be 90years old being asked to recant where i met my wife and where we went when we dated?

After three years stay on one-year marriage (extension) visa, you are qualified to apply for residence visa and residence book in Thailand.

Verification for living arrangements should always be expected - it may be done at any time when the condition of stay is family reasons. But in many cases may not even be evident to the couple - in other cases they will directly approach the couple. Have not seen much recent reporting of maps but believe all that would be required is a sketch such as used for a delivery service.

After three years stay on one-year marriage (extension) visa, you are qualified to apply for residence visa and residence book in Thailand.

Hi! I don't quite understand what you mean by one-year marriage extension visa? Is holding a Non-B, married to Thai and applied for one-yr extension based on marriage counts? Thanks! :o

To apply for residency you must have been here on one year extensions of stay from Immigration for the previous three years at a minimum. There are also many other conditions for a successful application and a thread is available from the useful information links at the top of this forum.

...map drawing...

As I am not good at drawing, whenever I need to give a map to somebody to find my place I email a link to my map on www.google doc.com and when it is required on paper I print it out.

--

Maestro