Singapore Embassy Question

Okay, last year went down to Singapore with the copy of the marriage certificate and a statement showing 400,000 in the bank and got the one-year multiple entry 'O' no problem.

Visa finishes end of April.

As it seems the regulations are the same, the question is:

Is there any issues with getting a second one-year multiple 'O' from this embassy (or any for that matter)?

Not that has ever been reported - but believe copy of ID card is a requirement

Is this still possible showing 400k in the bank? I thought it was now necessary to show income 40k/month instead of the lump sum in a bank?

Frank

You are confusing the " extension of stay" requirements with Singapore's requirement to issue a one year visa.

Okay, last year went down to Singapore with the copy of the marriage certificate and a statement showing 400,000 in the bank and got the one-year multiple entry 'O' no problem.

Is there any issues with getting a second one-year multiple 'O' from this embassy (or any for that matter)?

Yes - I'm now on my 2nd one year multi 'O' based on these criteria - as Lop said, make sure you take a copy of your missus' ID card, and also that the bank statement is dated within the month of your application. You and your wife sign & date all docs.

Shouldn't be a problem...

CC

There's a really handy search function at the top of the page!!!!!

Singapore Non Imm 'O'

Yes I know, I saw the thread already and didn't see an answer to my question, apologies if it was buried in there somewhere. But....

I wasn't asking how to get a visa in Singapore. I've done it already. I qualify. I know what to bring.

I was asking if there was any problem with getting a visa there *TWICE*???? As in I got a one year multiple last year there and it's about to expire and I want to go back and get another one unless they don't like to issue them two years consecutively... which is what I am trying to find out.

Thank you for not answering my question.

Captain Chaos, thank you for answering.

One other question. Do I have to wait until after this visa has expired? I probably will anyway, but just in case...

Sorry, I am not sure - as there's no extension of stay involved any more, I just renewed the visa when Mrs CC was next in SG so I could copy her ID card and sign the docs etc - this was a few days after the old visa had expired...

Maybe I'm missing something here but why not get a one year extension to your visa at Suan Phlu? no need to go out of country, save money!

Only those who can prove 40k per month family income can obtain extensions of stay from Immigration. Not everybody can do that. For others working outside Thailand on monthly rotation there is no possibility to wait the required month for approval and a multi entry visa allowing unlimited 90 day stays fits.

Maybe I'm missing something here but why not get a one year extension to your visa at Suan Phlu? no need to go out of country, save money!

Basically as Lopburi3 said. We have business in Cambodia, where I in fact spend about 75% of my time, but I make 20-25 border crossings a year - so can't deal with the waiting with Suanphlu. I tried that once before and had to keep buying re-entry permits until they got around to giving me the extension. A one year multi-entry gives me exactly what I need, doesn't require stacks of paperwork, plus it's an excuse to spend a few days somewhere that's organized and functioning. :o

We are quite a lot to work outside Thailand and a 1 year multiple-entry O visa is the best option: no hassle, no paperwork and can use it for 15 months.

We are quite a lot to work outside Thailand and a 1 year multiple-entry O visa is the best option: no hassle, no paperwork and can use it for 15 months.

I get my one year non "O" at Sing every year as Idon't feel like reporting in to immigation.  Your old visa has to expire before you can get a new one.

Normally a Consulate will cancel your old visa if you want to buy a new one before it expires.

They wouldn't do that for me in Singapore, so I ended up having to come back a month later which was inconvenient as I was in Sing on another matter one month before the visa expired.

I get my one year non "O" at Sing every year as Idon't feel like reporting in to immigation. Your old visa has to expire before you can get a new one.

I went to Turkey Ankara, and on the Thai ambassy I got my multy O visa, and they did not ask for anything, and they told me that there will be no problem for renew, so I do not understand that with 400.000 and you have to be marriage

manse