Vip Room

chingy_

The invitations to join the V.I.P. room don't seem to be based on membership status.

There are no rights or privileges, regardless of the duration of membership or number of posts. Sometimes it is easy to forget that we are all guests on a privately owned website.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suggest that you hide the VIP room only the SPECIAL member could see it, make it invisible, other wise it is sore to the eye, human nature are a curious creator, we always want to know what we don't know,

aren't all member are equal (yes) or (no)

bkkmadness, if you do make an alternative, I'd like to check it out.

I can understand your opinion and also the mods opinion. being a moderator is a thankless job - real tough.

But I had been called a troll on my initial post way back when even though I was just seeking advice. that is why I only lurked here for a long time before posting again.

The closing of bg lapse into craziness was a little weird and highhanded. To me the bg threads were fairly amusing, if not for bg content, but the way some persons really felt irritated by information on "fun, pub, expat life". Isn't what that forum was about?

just opinions from somebody who'd rather sanuk and kreng chai :o

I remember a few Ajarns coming over here long before the crash and taking the piss out of the TV crowd for being 'highbrow', a fair point after reading their site. Then the crash came and they all came over, a room was created for them and they naturally crept around the rest of the site. Regarding the VIP room I can only imagine that us shell shocked TV members we're offered an area to escape the stupid. Don't get me wrong, we had our BG thread problems before the Ajarns (BA) but they managed to crank it to new levels after they got settled in (AA)

Now I don't know, but I'm guesing thats why the VIP room was formed. If this makes some of you new fellas want to make a new forum thats aces with me, everything happens for a reason - good luck.

As has been said by the admins on a number of occasions, the VIP room is an experiment.

Closing of threads has nothing to do with the VIP room.

Having a VIP room is elitist and wrong. It only serves to antagonize those who aren't invited. Surely everybody's participation in this forum is equally valuable.

My sentiments exactly.....But this VIP room is a temporary experiment, we are told.... :D

I agree with a previous poster about having the VIP room not actually on the main Thai Visa page, being only viewable to those invited members, so as not to cause any resentment with the others members not invited..... :D

So what exactly is the criteria for becoming a member?

That is a VERY good question....... One that I'd like to hopefully find out also.....Well, at least before THIS Thread is closed again... :o

Yeah medicine box, I'm really scared about gettin knocked out 'til the year 2015.

I'm pretty sure nobody's going to knock you out till 2015 m8. But I'd be scared at the thought of it.

I'm really scared about getting banned by thaivisa.com.  Ban me I don't give a f.u.c.k
Ban you? I can't promise anything on that one. Don't see why anyone should though.
by coming onto this forum every day I'm making the people who make this website money, as much as all the rest of you are, and if they're not interested in money then they should be interested in a forum that allows freedom of speech.

TV forums are bigger than the sum of it's parts. It's an equilibrium of information exchange and advertising. Or in theory at least. But I think some of the information exchanged is priceless. What would you have everybody do? Stop posting altogether, just because everything isn't perfect?

If you find the moderators on this forum physically threatening medicinebox then by all means post not your full opinion but your allowed opinion and I hope your proud of it.
How can they be 'physically threatening'. I'ts frikkin cyberspace. If they psychologically intimidate you, then it's only because you allowed them.

You are feeling way too threatened man. Mods are bully's, im not scared, ban me i dont give a <deleted>, why cant I be a VIP, am I nobody....etc. I'ts just a chat room for fuks sake.

Me m8, it's give me liberty of give me death, we are in a public forum, I'm the public so I post what I think, if you haven't got the balls to do it son, then don't bother posting at all.

If you read some of my posts I think you will find that I am fully functional in the testicular region.

George should take note of this thread, his people that are controlling his forum are beginning to destroy it.  Respect to mods like Chanchao and many others but wolfie and dr pat pong seem to be on there own power trip from this forum, and I received PMs to me today saying exactly the same thing.

GEORGE, THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE MAN, WE ARE BREAD AND BUTTER ON THIS FORUM, WE HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS WHAT WE WANT TO SAY.  WE DON'T EXPECT TO HAVE OUR THREADS CLOSED BECAUSE CERTAIN MODERATORS DON'T AGREE WITH THEM, BUT THAT IS WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!

If all the mods were like robots it would become a 'nanny forum'. If the mods didn't have different personalities it would become a 'boring forum'. If the mods didn't mod, there wouldn't even be a 'fukking forum'

One of the best forums I go on has mods who aint afraid to lock a silly topic, nor are they afraid to let an interesting one get close to the edge, even a little over the edge, before stepping in with a warning. Moderating is just that. and it's a fine balance with so many individual points of view. Remember they have to see all sides of someones post, even if the poster is the only one who thinks he's right.

I know you're pissed about your thread getting closed. Maybe it was misjudged, misunderstood or mis read. Have you PM'd the mod? Maybe there is a sensitive issue underlying? Or maybe he was in a bad mood? Either way, just move on.

As for my Bouncer playout. I was light heartedly giving a simile of real life, showing the futility of some situations. Sometimes in real life you don't hold all the cards. :o

I agree with a previous poster about having the VIP room not actually on the main Thai Visa page, being only viewable to those invited members, so as not to cause any resentment with the others members not invited..... :D

So what one doesn't know doesn't bother one, and everything is fine. :D

Better to have an unqualifyable secret lodge than a boring party by invitation only? :o

I suggest we hire a private web-detective who will reveal all by private e-mail to subscribers, and in real-time at a paysite. :D

Do they have aircon?

Doesn't matter, the name could better have been another one, but it is even given to busses in Thailand and aircon rooms in filthy restaurants. For non-thai a vip-group sounds ridiculeous of course but for thais it is a normal expression.

It is though the easiest one, an unlucky choice, .

I think that people who don't want to be confronted with (admit it dear fellow forum members) rudeness and stupidity, also can look for forums in their own languages. If you participate in Swedish, German, Dutch, Danish or whatever forums you notice a completely different tone.

It is too simple to say that the reason might be that people who only speak english (americans for instance) automatically are excluded.

George should take note of this thread, his people that are controlling his forum are beginning to destroy it. Respect to mods like Chanchao and many others but wolfie and dr pat pong seem to be on there own power trip from this forum, and I received PMs to me today saying exactly the same thing.

You say potato, and i say potato. Been there, done that. Everybody has their own charachter. Mods as well as posters.

As a viewer of local affairs for some time, i can say that also mods have learned from mistakes in the past. It sometimes took some persuasion, but hey that's what makes life interesting.

Sometimes they get back to their old tricks.

Sometimes we do get back on it also.

I still don't like some recent stories like the ban of (white minus red minus green = xxx).

Hope wisdom will prevail in the end at last.

Everybody has to play his/her role....

I like mine actually :o

Guest fj2003

why not checking out what is possible in a v.i.p/\ room

i have i nce tent thats my vip room if i want to be alone in nature

don't keep asking

I agree with a previous poster about having the VIP room not actually on the main Thai Visa page, being only viewable to those invited members, so as not to cause any resentment with the others members not invited..... :wub:

So what one doesn't know doesn't bother one, and everything is fine. :D

Seems to work in Thailand ( ie. Bird Flu ) doesn't it? :D

Better to have an unqualifyable secret lodge than a boring party by invitation only? :o

Well, It works for the Freemasons and the Illuminati..... :D

I suggest we hire a private web-detective who will reveal all by private e-mail to subscribers, and in real-time at a paysite. -_-

God Forbid! :D

I don't really go in there much - it's too much fun and controversy but if anyone wants my VIP pass it's theirs for 500 Bht.

I'd like to know what's in the VIP room just out of curiosity. Send me the password and I'll fax you the 500 baht. :o

I don't really go in there much - it's too much fun and controversy but if anyone wants my VIP pass it's theirs for 500 Bht.

Now, now Scampy :o ! You know what you and the rest of us promised at that special VIP party in Pattaya when George turned up with those twenty five virgins..... :D

Now, now Scampy :D ! You know what you and the rest of us promised at that special VIP party in Pattaya when George turned up with those twenty five virgins..... :D

Male VIRGINS? :D

That explains it then. What goes on IN the VIP Room, STAYS in the VIP Room.. :D

Mmmmm... there goes my invite :o

Now, now Scampy :D ! You know what you and the rest of us promised at that special VIP party in Pattaya when George turned up with those twenty five virgins..... :D

Male VIRGINS? :D

That explains it then. What goes on IN the VIP Room, STAYS in the VIP Room.. :wub:

Mmmmm... there goes my invite :D

...Vegas it's not... :o

I've heard mention of these 'other forums', Ajarns, AA, BA. Can anyone tell me what/where they are? I'm intrigued.

You might not be able to post it out loud as it were, so a PM would be fine. Anyone... anyone at all willing to enlighten me... anyone?