Shipping A Chopper To Thailand

:o Has anyone out there ever shipped a chopper to Thailand? I will be retiring in Udon Thani next year and would like to know if this is feasable. I built the bike myself since I have a chopper business and would like to take one with me. I have all receipts for every part on the chopper. I was wondering if it is easier to register the chopper here in the US to obtain a title or show all papers for parts in Thailand. I also was thinking about shipping a Harley Davidson if sending the chopper is impossible. I understand we are allowed one vehicle per lifetime if all tarrifs and fees are paid at port of entry.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

In the upper right corner you will find a search function.

That's odd PB....I never ever used that function.... :o

I always used the function on the top left 'google' with the 'Thai Visa' search function 'on'.

I just tried both and the latter is much faster....(the google/thaivisa one) and comes up like: "Results 1 - 10 of about 3,120 from thaivisa.com for chopper. (0.23 seconds)"

With the top-right search function one I got 20 pages/25 each = 500 results.

LaoPo

• 3 weeks later...
:o Thanks everyone............After doing some research, I think I will just forget about it. It appears it would not be worth the frustration, money or effort and the possibility of the bike winding up in the wrong hands is not very appealing. I appreciate all the information though.

If you have receipts for all the parts you might be able to ship it as such. I heard of someone else that did this by bringing a container load of parts across. This way it might be easier to deal with customs.
You will not get a plate for the bike like this. No mights about it.

Why not plenty of bikes come in in parts, pay taxes on the stripped down parts (a lot less than a complete bike) pass the emissions tax and pay the assembled bike tax..

I would guess thats how the bulk of the 'big bikes' get plates !!

I'm just wondering if all the parts would make it through customs. I shipped some Harley parts to a carbon fiber manufacturer to see about some quotes and some made it and some did not. They seemed to have been "lost" in customs. I'd hate to wind up with only 80% or less of my bike making it here.