Minimum wages for foreigners hiked

"So IF EVERYBODY HAS TO BE PAID THE SAME,

(as other posters were advocating)

- that is Burmese, Laotians, Vietnamese,

Cambodians and Africans to be paid 60,000

- then - How many of them will get work?"

That's it! It looks like nowbody realises that this is a means to force Thai emoployers to give jobs to Thais whenever possible.

It is certainly not meant to kindly increase the sallary of forreigners.

Hi All,

I guess you dont get the simple picture. This law will be forced to prevent thai companies hiring foreign workers, as it will increase the cost. Its a Thai way of saying we do not want thai companies hiring foreign workers. I have got my AUS citizenship and planning to leave this raciest people. You guys can all sing a sogn about how great this country is, but I realized that, this people are just mean to anyone with a dark skin. Its time to move to a new country where we get a fair chance.

During my years in Phuket they are slowly adding more and more requirements and making it more and more difficult to stay here.

From the beginning I had salary of 20,000 baht. Then I was forced to have 35,000 baht if I wanted to keep my work permit and next year it will be 50,000 baht.

I were also forced to pay social welfare for myself althought I already have a swedish one.

Lately one of my friends in the diving business had his work permit revoked for some reasons. They just called him and asked him to give back the work permit.

Farang companies must also show profit now to be able to keep the work permit. For myself, revenue department told me they want to have a meeting next time I pick up my guarantee paper (when I renew work permit next time). I guess it's about my company profit.

However, I have other business and I survive anyway if I have to close this company down.

But I think the government really want to wipe out farangs working or doing business here in the long run, especially small businesses.

About minimum salary for foreigners is that per province different ?

I have a salary of 10,000 Baht/Month is no problem for work permit she had only comment on the salary for Thai staff 2,000 Baht/Month was to low must up to 3,500 Baht.

I am a retired American and it really saddens me to read all the negative things the Thai government is doing to foreigners now in this country. When I was still working in the US, I had many asian co-workers at various times in various jobs and I never saw any negative treatment of them. What if we applied this same kind of crap with the work permits to Thai workers in the US who have green cards. I realize now more than ever how great my country, the United States, is. My x-wife is from the Philippines and along with her mother and aunts, they have a very rewarding life in Los Angeles, CA, USA, where they are respected as equals to any other US citizens. As long as Thailand is racist, as it very much seems to be from what is posted here, it will always be a 3d-rate country. This is a "wake-up" call to look for friendlier shores.