True Visions!

Herbs

What is it with this company? We have stopped our subscription to True Visions, had the satellite removed, and the set-top box, etc. They are now saying that we have to wait 45 days for the deposit to be returned, and have to go to Bangkok to get it! We live 3 hours away. This cannot be, how can I say, 'True'. It makes me really mad, to be honest....

Cancelled mine a few months ago. Sent them a fax to confirm and received a cheque in the mail about a month later. All it took was one quick phonecall to make an appointment for the equipment to be collected and it was, a week later.

Give them another call and ask why they can't send you a cheque. I've always found their customer phone service helpful whenever I've dealt with them.

What do you have instead of TrueVisions? Curious is there anything better?

I left the country, and relocated....I find their customer services terrible. They really insisted that, no, someone HAS to go to Bangkok to get the deposit. It's the type of experience that really gets on my nerves. Ok, so others may have had different experiences, but that is the response we got...

Did you sign a contract for a fixed term and were you trying to end it before the term finished? Mine was paid monthly after the first six months. Maybe if it's short notice then they only give cash refunds so you have to go to the office and prove you really are leaving the country? Like I said, mine was easily fixed and the cheque turned up in the mail about a month later.

I was expecting them to try and get me to stay subscribed but when I said I wanted to cancel they didn't even ask why. All they wanted was to fax a copy of my passport and make an appointment for the dish etc. to be collected. Faxing a copy of my passport is something I've been asked by Thai companies before whenever I've wanted to change an address, have a pay per view channel added or suspend a subscription, that's the way things are done here it seems.

I really don't have time to watch much tv. To watch live sport meant a 2000 baht UBC package so it wasn't worth it. Almost everywhere in Thailand has a local cable service for cheaper. If you live in an apartment building then most Thais use some local cable service with a bunch of channels for a couple of hundred baht, they don't or can't pay 2000 baht to watch UBC. The one I have now is only 300 baht a month and is good enough for me but might not be for someone with a big plasma who watches a lot of tv and wants plenty of English language channels. I know some people don't think much of UBC but if you just want to be able to turn on the tv without playing round with codes and setting up satellite dishes then compared to the alternatives it isn't so bad, just too expensive.