Attention Has Anybody Got A Angling Boat And Need Companion

HELLO again .has anybody on samui who has got a little fishing boat and would take a keen angler out fishing with them and of course i pay for the fuel,oh i almost forgot beverages .there must be someone out there who like me loves fishing,so come all you english ex pats dont be shy giz a call. dont worry im no lady boy or shirt lifter.chuck dee chinky .

HELLO again .has anybody on samui who has got a little fishing boat and would take a keen angler out fishing with them and of course i pay for the fuel,oh i almost forgot beverages .there must be someone out there who like me loves fishing,so come all you english ex pats dont be shy giz a call. dont worry im no lady boy or shirt lifter.chuck dee chinky .

Chinkles,

Fishing Comp on this weekend.Find a ride on one of the boats.

Chinkles,

cheers Rooo ,where are they leaving from BanRak?can you let me know if thats possible.

Chinkles,

cheers Rooo ,where are they leaving from BanRak?can you let me know if thats possible.

They leave from Nathon,that's where the registration takes place & you get issued with first aid kit,water,T shirts etc...

Mind you that's where you register,but you can take off from anywhere.To enter a catch ,it must be over 1 kg ,obviously weights vary with different fish.

All catch must be returned to Nathon by 3 pm sunday for weighing.Then sunday night presentation and a wards at the car park in Nathon,free food & spirits & soft drinks.

You missed out this year,next year is the 14th tournament.

Chinkles,

How did ya get on in the comp chinkles...im surprised if you made it,seeing as your a tad far from nathon ,id be mega suprised if anyone let you onboard there boat,seeing as last time you knocked that nice german mans new 70 yamaha outboard overboard and just laughed!...still you did buy him some bratwurst sausage i suppose....cock dee chunky :o

Hey Chinkles,

I am still keen, but I am away at the moment and wont be back for 3 weeks, If you can hang on till then, ill be up for it.

The boat is 36' with 2 x 200hp so we can go to koh tao and back easy,

best we take womble also as he sounds like he knows where to go if hes up for it as well.

lets keep in contact ill be in Samui again around the 24th April.

Desperate to find some big ones. and find out how to use my GPS.

Hey Chinkles,

I am still keen, but I am away at the moment and wont be back for 3 weeks, If you can hang on till then, ill be up for it.

The boat is 36' with 2 x 200hp so we can go to koh tao and back easy,

best we take womble also as he sounds like he knows where to go if hes up for it as well.

lets keep in contact ill be in Samui again around the 24th April.

Desperate to find some big ones. and find out how to use my GPS.

Can I come too :o

Not true, I have hooked a Marlin in the Gulf of Thailand. We was on very light tackle, we got a few good runs and it broke the water once or twice and we could see it clearly, it wasn't big by Marlin standards, perhaps 80kgs, but a fine fish anyway.

Very rare occurrence though, its the only time we did.

Not true, I have hooked a Marlin in the Gulf of Thailand. We was on very light tackle, we got a few good runs and it broke the water once or twice and we could see it clearly, it wasn't big by Marlin standards, perhaps 80kgs, but a fine fish anyway.

Probably a sail fish.

Probably a sail fish.

Maybe a naughty ,fiesty squid

Could it have been a longtom? They have been known to jump when horsed in on light tackle. Otherwise my guess is a halibut.

I have seen small marlin caught during the fishing tournament.

Could it have been a longtom? They have been known to jump when horsed in on light tackle. Otherwise my guess is a halibut.

I call Longtom "Samui Sailfish"

Jai Dam is right tho you can have good sport on very light tackle, they will jump and tail walk. Try using light line, but a strong leader as they will bite through anything too light. I usually use a float with a trace about 3m long, use a long shank hook and use a long stip of fish, most of it trailing behind the hook. Let the line out behind boat maybe 30 yards, preferbly near rocks or reef.

The small size baitrunners are great for this as you have to let the fish swallow the bait, do not straight right away as the beach is hard to hook. The key to have fun with these guys is fish light as possible.

Small lure and spoons will also work, as will certain soft plastic, but the catch rate is better with fish strips.

Jaidam, how is the fishing at moment, my mates are coming over monday to dive, I might come over and go fishing instead............

Edited by womble