A Laid Back Place In Phuket?

Captain Chaos

How about a villa close to the laguna complex but much nicer and cheaper, 5 mins walk to bangtao beach and all the restaurants !

OK - where??? :o

CC

'Thaibali' on the beach road in cherngtalay just south of laguna beach resort, 5 mins walk to bangtao beach

Thanks - I'll check it out

How about a villa close to the laguna complex but much nicer and cheaper, 5 mins walk to bangtao beach and all the restaurants !

OK - where??? :o

CC

'Thaibali' on the beach road in cherngtalay just south of laguna beach resort, 5 mins walk to bangtao beach

pm me your email address and I'll send you some photos

Thanks - I'll check it out

Thaibali - does the budget stretch to 750 usd per night?

Blimey - bit steep - even split between between me and Mr CC (Snr)... :o

To be honest the only place I've seen on Phuket that's a fairly sensible budget and I actually like the look of is the place Huggy suggested (unbelievably, given how many hotels there must be on Phuket) ... if I can't book that, looks like we'll be going to Samui!

CC

It depends on when you want to go but it is never that much even at Xmas/NY !, also depends on how many of you there are, for 2-3 people then yes expensive, however it sleeps 7 so if there are more of you works out much cheaper than hotel !

It depends on when you want to go but it is never that much even at Xmas/NY !, also depends on how many of you there are, for 2-3 people then yes expensive, however it sleeps 7 so if there are more of you works out much cheaper than hotel !

Googled it - agree it looks lovely - but for 4 adults + 1 child it seems too expensive for a 13 night stay over Crimbo/New Yr - their budget is roughly GBP150 per room per night, so say Bt 10k incl taxes.

All Seasons seems to fit the bill so far, but I never like choosing from a shortlist of one ... there MUST be something else decent available on Phuket for that much dosh, surely?

CC

Edited by Captain Chaos

Googled it - agree it looks lovely - but for 4 adults + 1 child it seems too expensive for a 13 night stay over Crimbo/New Yr - their budget is roughly GBP150 per room per night, so say Bt 10k incl taxes.

All Seasons seems to fit the bill so far, but I never like choosing from a shortlist of one ... there MUST be something else decent available on Phuket for that much dosh, surely?

CC

150 squid per night per room means 300 for two rooms, last crimbo was going for US$ 650 per night so not far off at all. bear in mind most decent hotels will sting you for new years gala dinner whether you want it or not !.

CC

150 squid per night per room means 300 for two rooms, last crimbo was going for US$ 650 per night so not far off at all. bear in mind most decent hotels will sting you for new years gala dinner whether you want it or not !.

Never was any good at maths ... :o OK, will have another look

Appreciate there'll be new year gala dinner silliness on top but think that's 99% unavoidable these days

CC

I was going by the tariff on their web site. Have I got the wrong place?

Tariff

Low Season (May 1 - Oct 31 incl) USD 550.00

High Season (Nov 1 - Apr 30 incl) USD 750.00

Peak Season (Dec 15 - Jan 31) USD 950.00

Notes :

Rates are excluding 10% service charge, 7% Vat, 1% Provincial Tax per villa per night.

Rates include daily maid service except on Sundays.

Rates are per day for the use of the whole villa and up to 6 adults.

A deposit for damage and breakage is required in the amount of U$ 1000. The deposit will be returned within 7 working days after check-out.

Rates for weekly or monthly rentals are quoted on a case-by-case basis

Breakfast and other meals and drinks can be arranged by the villa maid at cost price.