Got A 7 Month Stamp At The Airport

Hi

I have a extension of stay along with a NON-B which are valid till the 31st October, i have already reported once after 90 days but have just recently been back to UK for a week, when i arrived back in Bangers the immigration have stamped my passport until 31st October, is that normal and how it is for everyone who has extension of stays work??

Do i still have to go to one stop after 90 days as technicaly im not staying pass my stamp date!!

Help would be appreciated

From the information you provide, I assume you also have a re-entry permit (big rectangle stamp that fills half a passport page), in which case it is normal that they stamp your passport up to the end of the validity of your visa extension when you arrive at the airport.

You still have to report every 90 days, but the count was reset when you left then re-entered Thailand.

Check and see if it is a single re-entry or a multiple re-entry permit. If it is a single, you will need to get another before you leave again to keep your stay active.

Also, strange that your visa is valid until the same day that your extension of stay is valid. Was your visa a single entry non-B visa? Then you entered Thailand and got the extension of stay for one year, based on work? If so, then your visa is no longer valid. You no longer have a visa, you have an extension of stay. Make a difference when you are asking for advice because things are different with different visas or extensions of stay.

It seems your extension of stay is valid until October 31, not your visa. When you left Thailand and return on a re-entry permit, you received again permission to stay until October 31. That’s what a re-entry permit does, it keeps your extension alive.

Yes, you have to do your 90-day address report again if you stay longer than 90 days since your last arrival in Thailand.

--

Maestro