What Times Are The Bars Closing

robinsamui

Depends on location, day of the week, and how the BIB are feeling that day. Friday closing lower Suk at midnight was a bit extreme. There are a few exceptions – bars and areas that have been able to remain open after most places have been closed, but 1AM seems to be a fairly regular closing time for now.

Depends on location, day of the week, and how the BIB are feeling that day. Friday closing lower Suk at midnight was a bit extreme. There are a few exceptions – bars and areas that have been able to remain open after most places have been closed, but 1AM seems to be a fairly regular closing time for now.

1am seems ok as i understand that is the law, midnight surely is abuse of power by the BIB, i CANT IMAGINE WHAT TOURISTS ARE THINKING, you go on holiday to be packed of to bed at midnight.

Yes even places which used to close at 6 in the morning (or later) are now closing at 2 am latest.

It definitely seems to be 1am on Sukhumvit soi 4 and Nana - I was there a few days ago for 3 nights.

However one of the nights we went afterwards with some Thai friends to a small club somewhere (perhaps Petchaburi 38?) which was open....well, I don't know how late as I had to make an emergency exit about 4.30am straight into a taxi, then straight out again to throw up....too much whisky!

Apparently this place was paying its dues to the BIB though, hence the late opening, plus a party of off duty BIB were in residence enjoying themselves too.

Smoking ban only mildly enforced too

Does anyone know about the big clubs down at Ratchada - Dance Fever, Hollywood etc? Are they having to obey the 1am closing?

I was refering to places like the Spicy in Siam, or the one (can't remember the name) in Pratunam, which used to be open all night until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Hollywood as far as I know (haven't been there for a long time) always close when they are expected to.

Yes even places which used to close at 6 in the morning (or later) are now closing at 2 am latest.

It definitely seems to be 1am on Sukhumvit soi 4 and Nana - I was there a few days ago for 3 nights.

However one of the nights we went afterwards with some Thai friends to a small club somewhere (perhaps Petchaburi 38?) which was open....well, I don't know how late as I had to make an emergency exit about 4.30am straight into a taxi, then straight out again to throw up....too much whisky!

Apparently this place was paying its dues to the BIB though, hence the late opening, plus a party of off duty BIB were in residence enjoying themselves too.

Smoking ban only mildly enforced too

Does anyone know about the big clubs down at Ratchada - Dance Fever, Hollywood etc? Are they having to obey the 1am closing?

Well, perhaps they'll make the one in Soi 11 close on time too! I'm pissed off with people trying to entice me in there at 6am when I'm walking to work :o

I was out and about last weekend, and Twisted (Suk 11) was shut down at midnight. Spicy...shut down @ 2. We have seen this before. Temporary. Give it 2-3 weeks.

JL

It lasted till the coup last time, and started again within 3 days of you know who touching down this time. The days of Nana closing @ 3am and Spicy etc closing @ 7am are long gone for the time being. The "social order campaign" is back in effect.....

If you read the most current (or last issue) of www.pattayamail.com, there's a proposal by I believe the city council to allow the bars and entertainment venues to stay past open 2AM because it is a tourist destination. It has to go through the Thai government for approval though. It may affect the bars and entertainment venues in Bangkok as well if it gets approved. Anyway, you should check out the article. Peace out

Mike

:o Hallo,

the last 2 thursdays i"ve been in the beer garden soi 7 with a visiting mate. Both days, the bar stopped serving at 11.45 and everybody was outside by 12.00. Moving to B|Nana, the plaza was open, but all the bars on soi 4 were also shut.

Anybody know te reasoning, and areSilom, Patpong and Cowboy suffering the same?

Cheers

I was out and about last weekend, and Twisted (Suk 11) was shut down at midnight. Spicy...shut down @ 2. We have seen this before. Temporary. Give it 2-3 weeks.

JL

It lasted till the coup last time, and started again within 3 days of you know who touching down this time. The days of Nana closing @ 3am and Spicy etc closing @ 7am are long gone for the time being. The "social order campaign" is back in effect.....

Last I heard, Lucky (Phetburi) still open until 9am (as of around a week ago)...

mk

JL

Last I heard, Lucky (Phetburi) still open until 9am (as of around a week ago)...

mk

Never heard of it.. good?

Nope, it's absolutely shit. (if it's the place I am thinking of...)

Tunnel was the best bet for a while, but I guess that's closing early too now.

Yeah, Lucky is pretty awful. But if you're after a late one at the moment, the field is narrowing rapidly. From what I hear only Spicy (Rong Mueang not the Spice Club, Suk 11 - forget that after 2am right now), Boss and Lucky are in any way immune from the letter of the law at time of writing (presumably because they all apparently have significant police interests). Even then it seems to be pretty much pot luck at these places on any given night - anywhere from 2am - 6am. Ratchada & RCA seem a good bet until 2am-ish... RCA is 'zoned' anyway so it shouldn't be affected.

mk

So Spicy's still up n running till a decent hour? My bet was that Boss along with Spicy would be around the only place's to return to some sort of normality in the near future as there off the beaten track, but the last I heard was that they were shutting up shop @ the same time as the rest.

From what I hear, yes, but getting tougher by the day apparently... Haven't been there myself since the 'crackdown' but various friends reported being in there 'till 5 or 6 in the last couple of weeks and one night a bunch of them ended up in Lucky until 9am. Spicy was definitely open until around 3.30am the day before yesterday...

23 friends due to arrive in Thailand on 17th april for weeklong stag do, now going to cambodia.

That's funny...........I'm with you bra,off to the Philippines for Songkran. Shutting down at 1:00,it's like being a little kid "bedtime for bonzo,beddy bye time".

Thanks Samak (Thaksin lap-dog)

Spicy will be open long after the extinction of our species..that place IS run by the police.

Which is probaly one of the reasons why they are closing a lot places down early, so they have to go to the Police controlled places.

I was out on Sunday night, and no problems, left at about 1am, and everthing was still in full swing.