D-link Dpr-1260 Print Server

pitrevie

I have two printers an Epson multifunction CX6500 and a Canon LPB2900, both of these are connected to a D-Link DPR-1260 Print Server on Ports 9100 and 9101 respectively. My Windows XP computers connect to a Netgear DG834 Wireless ADSL router. I have no problem connecting and printing to the Epson and can scan documents. However I cannot print to the Canon. Both printers have configured okay and both printers show up on the Print Server status page. The only difference between the two configurations apart from the port No's is that the Canon shows OFF LINE. Now there is no problem with the Canon if connected directly to a USB port but when connected to the print server although the print server has recognized it, it remains in an OFF LINE condition. I have turned my firewall off but nothing has changed. I have changed ports, and leads with the Epson but still the same.

Canon advise that their printers are not supported for networking and D Link do not even reply. Can anyone help with this problem, please.