Police Arrest Randy Monks.......................................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: March 29th 2008

Police Arrest Randy Monks.

On Saturday morning police from Soi 9 station were called to a forested area near the Big C supermarket in South Pattaya where they arrested five Buddhist monks on a charge of engaging in inappropriate activities with members of the opposite sex.

The five monks, aged between 48 and 70, had come from various provinces and were living illegally in the bushland.

One of the monks was charged with having sexual relations with a woman, two of the others were accused of selling instead of consuming some of the food they had received as alms.

The five were taken to a senior monk in Pattaya and have been officially disrobed.

Sounds like 1 was disrobed prior to police arrival, wonder where the 70 year old entered the picture? Hate to be in his flip flops explaining to family why he was no longer under temple provision. Not much can be said, except, I wonder where the whiskey was to make the party complete?

wonder if the monk I saw begging for money in mackers yesterday is from the same group, correct me if I'm wrong but while going out in the mornings and "accepting" alms is one thing, rattling your wooden bowl in front of a few tourists trying to have their Big Mac in peace on a sunny afternoon, surely is not. I've seen it a few times here in Pattaya.

some 4 years ago I use to see farang monks (2 blokes and lassie) on the walking street at midnight collecting money from the tourists 'for the temple'. They really looked like heavy drug users with a few months left on the earth

• 2 weeks later...